Google Apps with Domain Registration

IT.com

Ceres

Has anyone used Google Apps with Domain Registration to register or renew a domain?

Read this article which discusses a problem that occurred when a domain was due for renewal. In short, the domain owner renewed his domain via Google Apps but according to the registrar (eNom) the domain was not renewed. The domain was then parked by eNom.

To cut a long story short, I move the domain from Google to Enom and luckily it didn't take the full 7 days. Never heard back from Google. We're in the process of moving everything away from Google Apps.

You'll see from the article that this exact same problem has happened to other people.

I'll update this thread if I hear about an official response from Google addressing this problem.

This highlights how risky it is to register or renew your domain via a third party. You should deal directly with the registrar.

Well found. Pretty incredible.

There is a response from Matt Cutts:

Andy Baker, folks inside Google are taking this very seriously and (from where I'm sitting) swarming on it. I believe this will be a one-time thing and that Google will prevent this from happening in the future.

Then Google responds:

Hi, I work with Matt Cutts and am responsible for Google Enterprise products. We've had a chance to investigate this more deeply. We've identified the bug in our code that caused this issue for a small handful of domain renewals, and are deploying the fix. Please accept my apologies on behalf of Google for the inconvenience this caused you.

Also, phone support is definitely still available for all Premier Edition users.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
hel
Top Bottom