Going it alone

IT.com

marsh

I read somewhere that Oracle is probably the only successful company that was started by one founder. It's been said that in the modern age, it isn't easy to go it alone. You need to rope in help from friends or professional colleagues. How true is this statement folks? To some extent, I believe that setbacks can be avoided when there's another person encouraging you.

I think you need two, just to have someone to bounce ideas off and cover things when you are sick. I guess you could have a single founder if they already had the money to hire people to work for them at the start so they had someone to do that with.

I think that you at least need a back up person who can help you run things if you have any type of emergency that requires you to be out, or if it all starts to become too much for you.

You can be just one founder but the truth is that the whole show cannot be run by just one person. I know a lot of companies that started off as sole proprietorship. That's the way things are moving in the 21st century.

I agree with Walter completely. It is possible for only one person to take the reigns of a company, however it is tough and will lead to unfavorable conditions.

Very true Saki, and I think that people come together for many reasons. It could be the need to pool resources, shared interests and so forth. I hold the opinion that coming together isn't bad after all; there should be a common goal and a long-term plan.

It's not easy to run or establish a business, period. However yes it is probably much more complicated doing it alone, but I think that it can be done.

I think we can look at this in two ways. Firstly, from a founder point of view and secondly, from the perspective of someone you can delegate most duties to when not around. I think it makes sense to have someone who can inject capital and/or offer back up.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom