GoDaddy to Offer Indian Domains?

IT.com

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
Via jagusa, it looks like GoDaddy has become an accredited .in registrar.

When Godaddy does start offering .in domains, that will be good news for making .in visible internationally because of Godaddy's huge clientele.

Also, Godaddy aren't foolish - they obviously see a profitable market in India a want a piece of the pie.

That's good news. I wonder if other well-known registrars will follow GoDaddy's footsteps and start offering .in domains.

Yes, That should be good for Indian domain owners as it gives more exposure to the Indian market place and shows the masses what we know already, Indian domains have a great future.

Ed

I have sent godaddy a message about if they have an indian domain service in the near future. I will write their answer as I receive it.

I have just received the following reply from godaddy customer service.

"Thank you for contacting Online Support. Unfortunately at this time we are not able to register or transfer a .in domain into our system. I do not have information on whether or not this will be a feature that is available in the future. I apologize for any inconvenience that this matter may cause.

Please let us know if we can assist you in any other way.

Best regards,

Thomas P.
Online Support"

In other words, the person has no clue and can't be bothered to find out...

In light of the promo offer with some reg companies, will be intersting to see if they apply to thier prices, so how i think they wont be!!!

Well since godaddy is not the largest domain registrar I would imagine that others would be doing it if they are not already offering them.

Indian domain registration seems to be live at Godaddy.

Cost is $14.99 for both .in and .co.in - which is on the high side. Coupons seem to work, so at least for .in, if you are buying several at a time, the price can be very cheap.

Mitsu.in offers them for INR 589, which works out to around $12 right now.

I too got a mail from godaddy regarding the inclusion of .IN in their TLD portfolio..but I dont think their pricing will be able to match the pricing of any Indian Provider simply because of the fluctuating currency rate..so they will keep a good margin on .IN's for sure..

Business Wire press release about GoDaddy offering .IN domains:

Go Daddy Becomes the .IN Thing

?Go Daddy is making it easy for anyone interested in using a specific country code to have all their domains in one place,? said Go Daddy CEO and Founder Bob Parsons. "For anyone looking for both low prices and world-class customer support, Go Daddy is the ?in? thing.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom