GoDaddy sells PlusServer for $456 million

IT.com

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
GoDaddy has entered into an agreement to sell PlusServer, a business it picked up in the Host Europe Group acquisition, for €397 million (USD $456 million). Funds advised by BC Partners are buying the business.

PlusServer is a managed hosting service that doesn’t fit into GoDaddy’s typical market segment of very small businesses. It announced that it planned to explore a sale of the business back when it struck the deal to acquire Host Europe Group (HEG).

To put the purchase price in perspective, GoDaddy paid $1.8 billion for HEG.

Source

I know GoDaddy has wanted to divest their hosting business for some time now, so I'm not surprised they sold it. But, I'm surprised someone paid $456 million for it. Is it really worth that much?

A product is only worth what a buyer is willing to spend. Apparently, it's worth half a billion to those people.

I find it ironic though that GoDaddy got such a large amount by focusing on the small business aspect of their business.

A product is only worth what a buyer is willing to spend. .
Not to me because I always consider the long term view of investments. So, it's not just what the buyer is willing to pay today, or tomorrow, but next month, next year, a decade from now. But, the internet is always changing at a fast pace so I can see why others take the short view instead. Both viewpoints have made and lost money.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
anirudhkarl96
Top Bottom