GoDaddy acquires Name.com portfolio + Expiry System

IT.com

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
I detected a domain portfolio acquisition by GoDaddy’s NameFind, and the news was confirmed to me by the company yesterday afternoon. GoDaddy acquired an unknown number of domain names from the Name.com / Rightside domain name portfolio, which I believe was sold by Donuts. Up until earlier this year, Name.com was owned by Rightside, a company that was recently acquired by Donuts. GoDaddy also informed me that the Name.com expiry stream will now go to auction via GoDaddy Auctions.

Nick Fuller, who is Director of Public Relations at GoDaddy, sent me the following statement from VP and GM of the Aftermarket at GoDaddy, Paul Nicks:

“We can confirm that GoDaddy has acquired domain names from Name.com. These names will help anyone looking to make a statement online. The domain names are a mixture of .com domain names as well as new tlds and will be added to the NameFind portfolio. We have also worked out an agreement with Name.com to add their domain names to our expiry auctions.”

The company did not tell me how many domain names were acquired, nor did they share the acquisition price. The company also didn’t share the volume of expiry auctions this will include. Depending on the size of the domain portfolio acquisition, it is very possible we will see it mentioned in a subsequent SEC filing or a quarterly report.

Source

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom