Give me your advice

IT.com

GetItNow

Banned
Hi guys,

I've received a reply from the buyer, he wants to buy one of my premium/pronouceable LLL.in for mid $xxx USD. What do you think ? I priced him before that is mid $x,xxx USD. I just found out this buyer is the end-user (a company) from Hong Kong.

tell him you are already in negotiations with an Indian company who have offered you $1700 as their final price and that if he wants it he'll have to offer you more than that. Give him a time and tell him if you dont hear from him by then you will sell it to the Indian company.
(This strategy worked for me three times and i've taken their 'my final price' of xxx to x,xxx)
If he dosent bite, contact him after a week or so and tell him the deal didn't go well with the Indian company and you will now sell it to him for $1700.
And if he still says no then tell him you'll wait for the indian company to contact you back. Lol
Hope this helps.

There are so many variables to end-user sales that one formula or suggestion will not suffice....

I made my first end-user sale in 2002 of a .com I hand-registered in 2000. That name would be worth many times that price today, but then, I felt I did good and put that money to good use (beer, partying, etc ;) )

If you know who the inquiring party is, you're in a stronger position than if you didn't. Most corporate domain buyers are smart enough these days to not let a domainer get a whiff of who they're dealing with. Apparently, this one isn't.

I agree that any mid XXX offer should be countered- but I'm from the US where I might spend mid XXX on a dinner and drinks for a few friends in downtown Chicago so I have no problem risking losing the sale. In other places, XXX might be a months wages. The first question you have to ask yourself is, are you willing to sell it for their offer of XXX? Obviously, you'd like to get more, but if you knew for certain that that was as much as they were willing to pay, would you take it? Be honest with yourself. If they break off contact, are you going to be emailing them back, begging to take their initial offer?

If so, then you aren't negotiating from a very strong position, but your tolerance for risk determines what to do here. If you are willing to risk breaking the deal, I say reply to them by simply saying that the name isn't for sale in that price range and put the ball back in their court (I regularly use this tactic on cold inquiries). If they respond back with another inquiry (what price range are you looking for, etc) then you know for certain they're willing to pay more and the poker game is on.

If they don't reply back, then you know they are amongst those people who feel that domain name should sell for very low prices and probably aren't worth your time.

Regardless of how much money is in Hong Kong or how large the corporation is, the only thing that matters is the decision of the person who is charged with acquiring the name. If that person understands that quality domain names are an expensive proposition, you can assume they have probably budgeted accordingly. If they don't understand this- even if they come from a rich country or work for a wealthy company- they still might not be willing to pay much.

There are midsize businesses who will jump off a cliff for a quality domain (see: Candy.com, where the smaller company actually gave Rick Schwartz an equity stake in the business in addition to millions of dollars) while there are huge corporations who think that they should be able to buy Airplanes.com for $1000. Never make assumptions in this regard.

Last edited by a moderator:
if the end-user from Chinese mainland, I surely suggest you would better not sell to him, but Hong Kong is safer place than mainland, because the Chinese government can't butt in too much, if you check everything that you can get a reassurance, just go ahead

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom