Getting Traffic Through Forum

Jeffrey

In the beginning of the internet, forums have helped a lot in getting traffic to a website. Is this strategy still applicable nowadays? In my own opinion, forums can draw traffic into the forum, but not so much to the targeted website.

Swisslist

But if you're on a forum that is within the main site's URL, doesn't that count as traffic to the site? I wold think it does. I know there is typically a /forum in a URL that directs you straight to the forum, but the rest of the URL, before the / , states what the site is.

randiv

Country flag
But if you're on a forum that is within the main site's URL, doesn't that count as traffic to the site? I wold think it does. I know there is typically a /forum in a URL that directs you straight to the forum, but the rest of the URL, before the / , states what the site is.
O really.

Jeffrey

Web traffic is web traffic no matter what we get it either from the forum or directly from the domain name. However, I'm referring to the traffic that will turn into profit. Huge traffic is worthless if nothing turns into profit, in my own opinion.

Swisslist

If the conversations on the forum are relevant to products or services on the mainsite that you want conversions from, then a forum can be beneficial.

Think internal backlink.

Nishith

Country flag
Posting in lots of forums may impact the search engine / flow of users for a while. Local Forum users may also check the link till the time its available on top / moderator do not removes it marking as spam :p.

Nishith

Country flag
Many forums delete the account of users
Yup. That's what I tried to say by last line.
moderator do not removes it marking as spam :p
Few forums also keep sections for advertisement / other discussions, where people can carry out such things.
It may be relevant / non-relevant to our content.

dnk

Country flag
Yup. That's what I tried to say by last line.

Few forums also keep sections for advertisement / other discussions, where people can carry out such things.
It may be relevant / non-relevant to our content.
Can you name some popular forums which you use?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R what type of domain names are getting type in traffic in india ? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 3
H The @username Handle - Getting Your Desired Name For Sale / Advertising 0
Prashant Sharan Chinese Domains: It's surprising to see 3 letters domain getting expired Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Coronavirus lockdown is not stopping Dutch ccTLD registry from getting great volumes Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Mark Levine is getting bumper trades even outside .COMs, sells Roost.ai for $5,000 New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan .VC domain extension is getting popular with Venture Capitalists New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan Getting organized before NamesCon 2020 Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Post iPhone event, Slofie domains getting quickly snapped up Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Reasons for getting an NDA! Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Getting started with Afternic - 2019 Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Getting out of Alpnames – Faster!! Resources 0
jedi Domain Wake up! "Nibiru" is getting close to earth ~ NIBIRU.in" For Sale 3
Prashant Sharan Weird: IDN getting killed over dot confusion Non-Indian Domains 0
J Getting effective social signals Marketing Your Website 3
JulienJ Tips to avoid getting scammed The Lounge 0
dibon Getting rid of negative content Websites 2
Roshni Getting a domain back? Webmaster Forum 1
domainking131 Prevent Your Domain Names From Getting Stolen Resources 1
tulip Getting notified Hosting 8
tulip Getting rid of spammers Webmaster Forum 9
wot Anyone getting the same thing? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
domainking131 Chinese domain name investor getting out, dumps 70,000 .cc domains Non-Indian Domains 0
DNJournal.com A Walking Miracle: After Getting a Second Chance at Life Richard Lau is Determined to Give Back The Lounge 0
domainking131 Amazon.com might be getting into Ticket Biz Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Is Apple Inc. Getting Ready To Use It’s New .apple gTLD Domain Extension? New GTLDs 0
domainking131 Nat Cohen’s Telepathy Settles Federal Lawsuit On SDT.com Getting a $50K Settlement Non-Indian Domains 2
CyberKing INDRP - Pipeline getting worse Legal Issues and Dispute 1
domainking131 Getting your hands on dropping .de domains Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Getting the lowest price at GoDaddy Registrars 16
domainking131 Keep yourself updated with what .COMs and .NETs are getting registered Resources 2
domainking131 Domainers getting spam emails from SiteBinge.com Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 SMS spams are getting popular Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Promoting Clickbank products and getting a sale!! Webmaster Forum 2
R Getting out of domaining .. Mitsu Domains Listed Here, Large List For Sale 2
R Getting ready to renew General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
S How you are getting this domain name information? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
H Tittar.com is for sale Getting around 500 U/V Non-India Related Domains 0
A Dangerous Google Networks! Orkut Getting My Yahoo Contacts Without Knowing My PassWd! The Lounge 3
Gaurish Getting your First Visitors Webmaster Forum 2
A Getting past the mistakes General Indian Domain Name Discussion 4
A Getting your domain registered General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
Prashant Sharan Efty Report says that domain name inquiries are down and traffic is up Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan How Morgan Linton launched WordPress site on his traffic domain from scratch in a weekend Resources 0
J Increasing Quality Referral Traffic Webmaster Forum 0
C DesiChat.com (Traffic Name,High Estibot), Lassi.net , HindiCinema.com ,Munbai.com, Himalayas.net Non-India Related Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Set up alerts for domain traffic spikes on Uniregistry Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Mgilmour: Part 3 – Traffic Test – Improving the Revenue Resources 0
J Paid Traffic helpful Webmaster Forum 0
J Direct traffic Webmaster Forum 0
JulienJ Just how much traffic do .Cm typos get? A lot… Non-Indian Domains 0