Getting rid of spammers

Discussion in 'Webmaster Forum' started by tulip, Jan 2, 2017.

1. tulip

tulip Kenya Member

Isn't it become much harder to filter spammers as time goes by? What would be the best way to ensure that your website has minimal interference from such people? Competition is rife everywhere you go.

2. Connected

Connected United States Member

Download as many free filters as you can. This works well with e-mails and I'm sure some of the downloads can apply to what you need.

3. marsh

marsh Kenya Member

Which is the best filter that you can recommend? In my opinion, having a strong verification process in a website that requires registration might help in getting rid of spammers.

4. Britney

Britney South Africa Member

I think your idea to have people register and have a robust verification process will be enough to help you avoid spam on your site. I know it's getting harder and harder to keep spammers out, and we have to keep coming up with inventive new ways of doing so.

5. marsh

marsh Kenya Member

Spammers are always changing their tactics and what's important is having a mechanism that keeps them away. Spammers will definitely keep cropping up but what's important is ensuring that they are kept at bay.

6. Kaitlin

Kaitlin South Africa Member

I think that it's just best to keep vigilant when it comes to spammers on websites because no matter what you do to keep them away, they just keep finding more and more new and unique ways of getting past the security measures that you take.

7. Swisslist

Swisslist United States Member

Reputation management companies can help with this. It doesn't have to cost a lot of money when you hire a company just to keep spammers out

8. ritchie

ritchie Kenya Member

This makes sense but isn't it much easier when we are doing such a thing on our own? My assumption is that a start up company would mind outsourcing, as opposed to an established company.