Funny Tale of Domainer[Real Story of MYSELF]

itssri

Nothing funny about it actually.

IN.VC is definitely a premium domain and easily worth more than the EU 220 that it was listed for, in your Sedo account. There's nothing wrong about the Sedo commission though, as .VC is a category III domain for which their stated minimum commission is EU 150.

You did not renew the domain on 15-Dec-2010, at the same time you did not remove it from your Sedo domain list. So, when the sale came through on 06-Jan-2011, you would still be listed as the registrant. The name wouldn't yet have been released to the registry. So, you became party to the sale process. It is a common thing that many people renew their domains much after the expiry date within the permissible date range. Sedo had no way to know that you had no intention to renew the domain, unless you told them when they sent you the sale order.

Since you kept quiet (or ignored them), the transfer request was generated (by all means an automated process at Sedo) on 16-Jan-2011, their system looked up the registrar and found it to be Name.com who would have become registrar just two days before (30 days after expiry) in place of your registrar Dotster.

So, it is wrong to say that Sedo is a robber. But, yes, their system has a lacuna and perhaps such a case is a rare happening. The lacuna is that the generation of transfer request looked up the registrar but did not recheck the registrant neither did it flag a registrar change so there could be a manual review. This can happen inadvertently and surely they would correct their system, now that such a situation came up.

I had a .COM (category I, parked and fixed price) sale back in January 2010 of $499 for which they deducted 10% and paid $449. IMO, Sedo is the most trusted (and trust worthy) domain marketplace.

You are right about the other marketplaces though - majority of them seem to be interested in selling their own domains.

BTW, it is quite possible that it was the new registrant (APS) who simultaneously put in a buy order at Sedo (to cover the remote possibility that you might renew it within 30 days) while also watching or putting a domain-grab order at Name.com. What do you (if watching this thread) say APS ;)

Nothing funny about it actually.

IN.VC is definitely a premium domain and easily worth more than the EU 220 that it was listed for, in your Sedo account. There's nothing wrong about the Sedo commission though, as .VC is a category III domain for which their stated minimum commission is EU 150.

You did not renew the domain on 15-Dec-2010, at the same time you did not remove it from your Sedo domain list. So, when the sale came through on 06-Jan-2011, you would still be listed as the registrant. The name wouldn't yet have been released to the registry. So, you became party to the sale process. It is a common thing that many people renew their domains much after the expiry date within the permissible date range. Sedo had no way to know that you had no intention to renew the domain, unless you told them when they sent you the sale order.

Since you kept quiet (or ignored them), the transfer request was generated (by all means an automated process at Sedo) on 16-Jan-2011, their system looked up the registrar and found it to be Name.com who would have become registrar just two days before (30 days after expiry) in place of your registrar Dotster.

So, it is wrong to say that Sedo is a robber. But, yes, their system has a lacuna and perhaps such a case is a rare happening. The lacuna is that the generation of transfer request looked up the registrar but did not recheck the registrant neither did it flag a registrar change so there could be a manual review. This can happen inadvertently and surely they would correct their system, now that such a situation came up.

I had a .COM (category I, parked and fixed price) sale back in January 2010 of $499 for which they deducted 10% and paid $449. IMO, Sedo is the most trusted (and trust worthy) domain marketplace.

You are right about the other marketplaces though - majority of them seem to be interested in selling their own domains.

BTW, it is quite possible that it was the new registrant (APS) who simultaneously put in a buy order at Sedo (to cover the remote possibility that you might renew it within 30 days) while also watching or putting a domain-grab order at Name.com. What do you (if watching this thread) say APS ;)
Its surely possible that the new registrant had made the offer at sedo.

I didnt knew about the 150 Euro commission, But the shocking news is that even after I told SEDO that I don't own the domain any more and they cancelled the transfer, they still had added a charge of EURO 150 to my a/c. I still have a copy of the new invoice PDF.
That's why I called them robber.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R www.uvideo.in - Best Funny Indian Videos ,Clips and Advertisements Websites 2
Jeff Funny Microsoft Video Webmaster Forum 0
H Funny.mx & Hablar.mx Non-India Related Domains 0
7Turnkey PR 2 funny images sharing Website Custom Websites 1
Ceres Questionable/Funny Defences in Domain Disputes Legal Issues and Dispute 1
S [WTS] Selling amusement/entertainment funny site : makeglitter.info Websites 0
Ceres Funny Video: What is a Browser? The Lounge 0
ebiz4india The Dark Future of Dating - VERY FUNNY The Lounge 4
navjotjsingh WTS Funny SMS and Jokes website with Twitter Account and 3500+ SMS Database Websites 3
msdomains Funny stuff - .somalicruises.com The Lounge 2
N Pic.co.in , Indians.co.in, Play.co.in, Funny.co.in Domain Appraisals 1
Chef Patrick The Perfect Gift - FUNNY!!! Non-Indian Domains 12
Prashant Sharan The tale behind FlattenTheCurve.com domain name narrative Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 This guy gets 100,000 shares in Jet.com: Get-rich-quick tale Webmaster Forum 2
DNJournal.com A Tale of Two Markets: Median Domain Prices Rose in 2012 But Total $ Volume Slipped The Lounge 0
Prashant Sharan Domainer Donna Mahony seeks fin help through GoFundMe Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan DoseBuy, a new Domainer who isn’t afraid to speak his mind - interview with Morgan Linton Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Rick Schwartz rocks in his Podcast at Domainer.com.au Resources 0
Prashant Sharan "The Domainer Show" discusses 16 Years of DNJournal & Domain Industry History Resources 0
Prashant Sharan ESQwire : Domainer friendly law firm rolls out redesigned web site Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Australia doesn't want Domainer Guests New GTLDs 0
JulienJ How to Become a ‘Rockstar Domainer’ by Developing Your Own Domain Assets Development Options 0
JulienJ Round Two: .COM Domain Values List, “Domainer Domains”, Not Much Change Non-Indian Domains 0
JulienJ 21 DAYS TO BECOMING A BETTER DOMAINER Resources 21
domainking131 Domainer files lawsuit claiming Roxi.com is stolen Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Jeff Indian Domainer Pankaj Vijayvargiya Profiled General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
domainking131 Namebio turns 10. It's one of the most useful tools for a domainer Resources 2
domainking131 Chinese Domainer Maizi Acquired Another Two Letter Domain SR.cn! Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Chinese Domainer Acquired A Portfolio of Over 1200 LLL.net Domains Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 I didn't know the potential of .IN until I met a fellow domainer General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
domainking131 Shane Bellone: The domainer Non-Indian Domains 1
domainking131 The Brandable Insider: Seven Qualities of a Successful Domainer Resources 1
domainking131 Here’s why domainer Tim Schoon chooses eBay to auction off 150 LLLL.com Non-Indian Domains 0
T HI, I am a newbie domainer from New Delhi, India Introduce Yourself 6
domainking131 Indian Domainer Aishwin Vikhona featured on Namescon website The Lounge 0
domainking131 Fuzzy Line between domainer and end user prices Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Indian domainer Sai Pola acquired 260 5L.com for $1million Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 A Domainer In Need – Please Help Non-Indian Domains 1
techno Who domainer owns many .IN domains ? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
domainking131 Military intelligence officer turned Domainer launches Domain.Buzz Non-Indian Domains 0
thebetaguy Award - Indian Domainer of The Year General Indian Domain Name Discussion 26
domainking131 Do you question your investment into a new gTLD as a Domainer?? New GTLDs 2
domainking131 Starting off as a Domainer?? Here are some tips!! Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Security tip while Flipping!! A must know for every domainer. General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
techno Any domainer from GUJARAT - india The Lounge 3
kriss05 Potential domainer? The Lounge 1
G Domainer MEETUP in India General Indian Domain Name Discussion 37
D VALUABLE Domain Names For Sale GQU.com MGQ.net SKAX.com K.md Domainer.me & MORE Non-India Related Domains 0
ub7 Looking for LLL.IN from an indian domainer Domains Wanted 0
domainshouse Interview with a small business domainer The Lounge 0