For Sale : PHP Whois Script for .in Domains + Support..

IT.com
Can send $5 by paypal ?

I am afraid to say that at present I can't accept payment through Paypal.

As a alternative to Indian Bank Transfer, Maybe I can accept payment in my Mitsu account. I have asked Mitsu if one of their customer can add funds to another Mitsu customer. I will let you know as soon as I hear something from them.

Also, Rs313=~$6 (@50)

Hello,

-Prevents the IP address from getting banned by inregisrty.in because of multiple queries per second.

Can you guarantee this functionality on the long term (i.e. will it work in 6 months for instance)?
And, just wonder how many queries per seconds can your script perform?
The last question, can your script give the complete Whois data, or only the availability info?

Thank you very much!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you guarantee this functionality on the long term (i.e. will it work in 6 months for instance)?(Prevention of IP Ban)
Like hosting companies say, I guarantee 99%. Nothing is sure in this world.

...how many queries per seconds...
It depends a lot on the internet connection and processing power of computer used. At my BSNL (15-40 kb/s average speed), it processed all aaa-zzz.in 17576 domains in about 2hours. Thats 100 domains per minute. My laptop has 512mb Ram, 700mhz processor (A very low end test-bench)

Double everything, 1Gb ram, 1.7Ghz processor, Broadband connection (All common now-a-these-days), n we are looking at about 200 domains per minute.

can your script give the complete Whois data, or only the availability info?

Right now it is just categorising domains into Taken Or Availble status, i.e. True/False Status. It gets the info, checks the status ONLY and moves to next.
Let me know your desired output, and it can be altered to achieve that. Like Date of Expiry, Reg Name, Email etc. Note that that would impact on the speed. But is quite possible. (Extra charges will apply.)

Post any other queries or clarifications.

A lot of people here are interested by LLL.in and are investing into this niche.

I'm thinking to a different way to use your script:

- Computing an histogram of LLL.in portfolio size, like this: between 1000-1000 domains -> 2 people, between 100-1000 domains -> 18 people, between, between 10-100 domains -> 86 people, etc...

- Computing a 2D Pie chart with investors by countries.

I 've never taken the time to do that but your post reminds me this idea

PS: do you deliver your script as php code or as an executable?:)

...Computing an histogram of LLL.in portfolio size....

Do you mean to find out that one Mr. X owns how many domains and another Mr Y. owns how many domains? To achieve this, either
a. we need to supply the name X to script, so that it can compare the whois info to that Name,
Or
b. For each and every taken domain, script saves the Registrant name, then in the end, it analyzes all the names again and count the occurrences of each similar name, then give us each name with occurrence.

This all is possible, but will be too resource-intensive. The problem with approach A may be that I don't think every domainer uses same name for all of his domains. I don't know about others, but I myself, use my own WHOis info at some very-important domains, which I don't want to sell. On other domains, which I own just for business, I have made some 2 or 3 contact info's, like Group ABC, or Group XYZ. My point is a same person may have divided his portfolio into two or three groups.

As with B, different persons may have same name and script will group them same.

Not to mention, the total LLL.ins are 17576 and to run each query for above mentioned tests will consume considerable resources. But, again, it is possible.:)

...- Computing a 2D Pie chart with investors by countries...
This is comparably easy to the above one,. Script just need to count the occurrences of country name. A simple array of all country names, and a switch statement. But again, double resources as compared to only availability check. Or list of only Taken domains can be fed to script(At the moment 17576, 100% Buyout). Anyways, I like the Idea, and will run the the test soon and let everybody know. Need to find list of all country codes used by registry. Like IN for India, and CN for China etc...

...PS: do you deliver your script as php code or as an executable?...
I will give PHP file and Portable Free Xampp server(Download link only) to run it local, Because it is always faster on local computer/server as compared to some managed hosting.. Also most managed servers has only about 30 seconds maximum execution time limit set.. and other limits... But script can run on any managed server, which supports PHP 4 or above.

Thanks for this detailed reply!

My idea was B, nothing nominative, just portfolio size. I thought that performing a query for domain availability was equal to a whois query. Because once you have all the whois info for all LLL.in domains in a single file, it's easy to find the desired data (admin contact for instance).

My idea was just to get the list of all the administrative contacts, and to perform somethinf like "cat whois_file | grep "Registrant Email" | sort | uniq -c | sort" like in Shell. Then to construct an histogramm.

Even if a person use various administrative contacts, it can be interesting.

------

For countries, same problem, indeed. But once you have a file with the whois info of all the 17576 LLL.in, a single script run on your local machine can extract what you want in a few minutes max I think.

You can find the standard country codes here:
http://modemsite.com/56k/_ccodes.asp

Happy that you find the idea interesting :)

Thank you very much for the info,
if I can help with scripting, do not hesitate.

Cheers.

I bought the script and tried it out. It was a bit difficult to get working, but Daver's support was incredible. The script works well and is very helpful.

I bought the script and tried it out. It was a bit difficult to get working, but Daver's support was incredible. The script works well and is very helpful.

Thank you so much. I am sorry there were some minor problems. I have incorporated better error handling in the code now.
Cheers

I sent request to modify never got an answer ...

BTW is there anyways to get it to do a bulk scan of lll.in quicker than the multiples of hours it takes now ?

Would still like to talk to you about possible mods - but I am talking to other programmers and getting quotes as well.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom