Foood.in - an extra "o" in case you're hungry!

IT.com

Ceres

I came across an Indian restaurant-related website at Foood.in. No, it's not a typo on my part - there are three o's in the domain name. Perhaps an extra "o" in case you're really hungry? ;)

Foood.in showcases restaurants in India's major metropolitan cities. The info on a particular listing will depend on the type of subscription plan a restaurant chooses. Mini-site services for restaurants are also provided.

Despite the typo in the domain, I think this site is actually quite good and has a lot of potential (and that's not just my tummy talking :D). For an example listing, see here. Another positive thing is that content is original and well-written.

Foood.in's slogan is "Food with an extra o…"

Question: Do you think the typo will hurt the business, or will it be enough to brand and promote under this name?

One disadvantage I can think of is that it will probably lose some traffic to Food.in (currently undeveloped). Will the business end up redirecting the typo domain to a different url (which is what happened with this typo domain)?

Please share your views.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice find - its pretty limited in selection currently only catering to Delhi. I think if they expand their selection to more cities and change their logo around, they would be able to brand it nicely.

Even offer online food delivery possibly?

They could very easily run a script pulling this data from the thousands of sites listing Indian Restaurants

They better start visiting lots of restaurants and collecting all them videos soon :)

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom