Flippa’s Crowd-Sourced Domain Appraisal Tool!

IT.com

CyberKing

Domain Investor
Country flag
In a blog post yesterday afternoon, domain and website auction platform Flippa announced the launch of a new domain appraisal tool that uses crowdsourcing to get its domain name valuations. Flippa users are encouraged to provide their appraisals of submitted domain names, and there are incentives for participation including listing upgrades and account credits. The idea is that the valuation can be seen as more accurate when a large group of people provide their opinions.

Introducing Flippa’s Crowd-Sourced Domain Appraisal Tool! | Flippa Blog | A blog about buying and selling websites, domains and apps.

It's an interesting idea, but I don't like that particular implementation much. Crowd sourcing of domain appraisals makes sense, but you need the "right" crowd - experienced domainers.

Another thing to note - people are always more conservative when they have to open their own wallet and pay for the domain, rather than just speculate as to value.

OTOH, maybe there is a profit potential there by getting high appraisals from the crowd and then selling the domain on Flippa based on the appraisal.

Actually I am seeing it the other way around. The domain appraisals are rather conservative. one word LLLL.com are appraised at 5k $

Frankly in my view EstiBot and Valuate do not work - there is really no "real domain appraisal" tool - social "crowdsourced" tools too are subject to wide variations - it is one of the hardest things to valuate a domain - unlike real estate (with local sales comparables, square footage, upgrades/features etc.) .

In my view a domain end user valuation falls well in line with "Beauty is in the eyes of the Beholder" category...what is the value of {Whatever} dot {Whatever} = {Whatever} an end user or buyer is willing to pay.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom