First ever generic co.in/.in Auction -247.in etc Sedo.com

wot

Country flag
The first ever Generic .co.in/.in auction on Sedo.com.Starts 31st May 2012 at Sedo.com

x.co/inauction Link courtesy of The Poet.

120 great keyword domains from the country of over 1 billion people where English is the main language of business and the internet at VERY affordable reserves.

A great opportunity to add to your .co.in/.in portfolio or start from scratch.

Example:

HDD.in

Cash.co.in

How.co.in

4x4.in

Beer.co.in

Weekdays.in

Who.co.in

Ganges.co.in

BBQS.in

And many more.

[URL="http://x.co/inauction"]Have a look now and choose from 120 quality domain names.[/URL]

[URL="http://x.co/inauction"]Any name that particularly takes your fancy?[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:

wot

Country flag
FYI

None of the VERY top names are more than 499EUR

Top names are no more than 299EUR

Over 40 are 99EUR!

Crazy reserves!

Most of the fence sitters will probably enter the fray in the last few hours.. Quite likely that the number of domains with bids will go up considerably.

It is definitely a great service Wot. I see this as a milestone in .IN/.CO.IN name space. I really hope your domains attract the X,XXX+ bids they truly deserve

s51888

I guess they will raise the bids. Its always in the last hour. I just won one Indian domain last week and the price jumped 200% in the last last hour.

Anyways i have my eyes set on one.

Cheers.

skyshipper

Country flag
epic :(:(:eek::confused:
Bidding History: film.co.in Winning Bid: 499 EUR
Bidding History: 247.in Winning Bid: 659 EUR
Bidding History: tea.co.in Winning Bid: 509 EUR
Bidding History: anime.co.in Winning Bid: 100 EUR
Bidding History: garages.in Winning Bid: 100 EUR
Bidding History: soy.co.in Winning Bid: 100 EUR
Bidding History: miss.co.in Winning Bid: 299 EUR

wot

Country flag
Unmitigated disaster! Extremely poor results. Most of the names sold had previously received much higher offers and as for 247.in-scary for the extension.

I took the risk and got burned.

I don't see Sedo doing another dedicated .co.in/.in auction for a very long time if ever.

Sadly the .me auction the previous week was quite successful.

Last edited by a moderator:

the_poet

Country flag
As Mitsu said in the other thread, it seems domain sales venues like Sedo don't get on with the Registry very much. Sad to say the least.

Unmitigated disaster! Extremely poor results.

I don't see Sedo doing another dedicated .co.in/.in auction for a very long time if ever.

Sadly the .me auction the previous week was quite successful.

wot

Country flag
As Mitsu said in the other thread, it seems domain sales venues like Sedo don't get on with the Registry very much. Sad to say the least.

I don't see any relevance with whether or not the registry gets on with Sedo.com or not that will have had no bearing on the result.

A combination of economic woes worldwide and lack of interest in a genuine extension. Manufactured extensions like .me & .co seem to take preference.

Hell,I just sold a hyphenated .co for more than any of the auctioned names achieved.

the_poet

Country flag
It has some relevance, if you consider that Sedo and similar venues seem to be blocked in India.

Yes, repurposed TLDs seem to be hot sellers.

I don't see any relevance with whether or not the registry gets on with Sedo.com or not that will have had no bearing on the result.

A combination of economic woes worldwide and lack of interest in a genuine extension. Manufactured extensions like .me & .co seem to take preference.

Hell,I just sold a hyphenated .co for more than any of the auctioned names achieved.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan PayPal in its biggest acquisition ever shells out $4 Billion for a coupons plugin Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan One-word .CO domains are hotter than ever with startups New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan Gay.uk just sold for $25,000 - the highest ever for a UK domain sale to-date Non-Indian Domains 2
DNJournal.com Biggest Cash Domain Sale Ever Reported & Year's Highest Non .Com Sale Headline This Week's Chart The Lounge 0
Prashant Sharan ICANN to host first-ever high-stakes dot-brand auction Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Ever heard of SPF, DKIM and DMARC for email - Let's understand them Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Rick Speaks: My First Ever Review of all Top 10 New GTLD’s. PLUS The List of 350++ New GTLD extensio New GTLDs 0
DNJournal.com .Coms Sweep 9 of the Week's Top 10 Domain Sales and Biggest .IT Sale Ever Reported is Revealed The Lounge 0
L [NAAX.NET | current bid $11 only] Premium Brandable | Cheap price ever! External Auctions 2
marsh Has anyone here ever been a writer? The Lounge 5
domainking131 .NYC to Hold 1st Ever Premium Name Domain Name Auction of 20 .NYC Domain Names New GTLDs 0
anquest 'New TLD' DN Registrations TOP 24 Million (first time ever) / 'New TLDs' In the 'ROOT ZONE' = 1,179 New GTLDs 0
domainking131 This is the most useful thing Bill Gates ever learned The Lounge 0
domainking131 First Ever .VIP auction closes – Approx $146,000 in sales New GTLDs 2
G 'New TLD' DN Registrations TOP 17 Million (first time ever), #2 .TOP Tops 2 Mn., #3 .WANG Tops 1 Mn. New GTLDs 0
domainking131 Why Being a Domain Investor is the Best Job Ever The Lounge 0
anquest .COM Adds Another MILLION DN Registrations, TOPS 123 Million (1st time ever), .NET Holds Above 15 M. Non-Indian Domains 0
anquest .COM Tops 120 Million Registrations (first time ever) | 'New TLD' Registrations Top 9 Million Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 .CLUB’s first-ever China Auction is in full swing New GTLDs 0
anquest India Joins the $2 Trillion Club (2014 GDP, Nom.), 1st Time Ever | China Joins the $10 Trillion Club The Lounge 1
DomainSherpa Numeric and Acronym Domain Name Investing: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know - With Giuseppe Grazia The Lounge 1
DNJournal.com New DNJ Sales Report: Biggest Sale in 5 Years & Another That May Become Highest Ever The Lounge 0
domainking131 $2 to $2,000 in 48 hours. One of the fastest domain flipping I ever heard General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
anquest .COM DN Registrati​ons Cross 115 MILLION For The 1st Time Ever | Michael Berkens Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Could Holiday.com become the most expensive domain ever? Non-Indian Domains 0
CyberKing When Hackers Steal A Web Address, Few Owners Ever Get It Back Legal Issues and Dispute 1
CyberKing Best News For Domainers Ever? Amazon Developing Product To Compete With Google Adword Webmaster Forum 1
CyberKing 44 HD films a second: Team in UK manages fastest ever ‘real world’ internet speeds The Lounge 0
TonyStark What is the Highest Adsense CPC you have ever got? Webmaster Forum 6
A You wont believe that this is ever for SALE For Sale 0
DNJournal.com Biggest Numeric Domain Sale Ever Reported Reigns On This Week's Domain Sales Chart Non-Indian Domains 1
A Valuable Names....Ever seen Non-India Related Domains 0
ebiz4india Biggest .IN Sale Ever - Highly Rich Keyword Domains 4 Less Price For Sale 0
ebiz4india Lowest Pricing Ever Offered for .IN domains - Check this Portfolio - $5 Each Domain. For Sale 1
wot Lowest price ever offered for 24 hrs only For Sale 0
D NNN.IN Bulk SALE!!! ** First EVER** For Sale 2
Ceres Do You Ever Buy Typo Domains? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 4
R Best domain name suggestion tool ever Non-Indian Domains 7
skyshipper first domain ever registered changes hands! Non-Indian Domains 5
M best present/s ever received The Lounge 0
V Have you ever had to work for a strange boss? The Lounge 1
L Your Worst Job Ever! The Lounge 19
M will ever i get business partners for my .in domains General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
ekal Highest Ever Indian PPC Click? Parking 4
Prashant Sharan Konstantinos Zournas: Trademark examination guide for Generic.com terms Resources 1
Prashant Sharan Konstantinos Zournas : Trademark examination guide for Generic.com terms Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Be cautious of “Generic” Sounding Trademarks Resources 0
Prashant Sharan SCOTUS rules in favour of booking.com - Now, you can trademark generic domains Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver on downside of using generic keyword for branding Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Trademark rights on Generic Domains to be considered by the US Supreme Court Non-Indian Domains 0