Expert Comment Refused on Bido.com

IT.com

Justin

Banned
Hi all. Recently I had an expert comment removed from the Bido auction of DinnerKnives.com after it had been up all week long. It had the most votes at the time of removal. You all may be interested in my latest blog post.

Has anyone else had a comment removed? What all do you think of the way Bido is conducting auctions and selecting domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bido.com removed expert commentary that I had made on DinnerKnives.com, just hours before the auction taking place.
Not a good move by Bido. I saw Justin's comment days earlier on Bido. If Bido had a problem with it, why deal with it just hours before the auction? It makes Bido's motives look suspicious.

I thought the whole point of the expert commentary is to let people state their opinions about the domain name on auction.

This domain ranks right up there with KnoxLanding .com and BottleClubs .com, all of which are NOT what I’d consider premium domains worthy of taking up good auction space here on bido, but that’s only my opinion.
Justin's opinion, whether it's favourable or not to the domain seller, should have been allowed.

What all do you think of the way Bido is conducting auctions and selecting domains?
They can do much better with the domains they select! I'm by no means an expert, but I still recognise bad names when I see them.

BTW, DinnerKnives .com ended up selling for US $540.00 on Bido...

Last edited by a moderator:
Was a good sale indeed and surpassed my best guess by just over a few hundred. Not sure what the buyer sees in that domain but then again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I don't agree with their taking that comment down. However, I did sort of turn down the invitation to be a guest speaker until a future date not yet set. Maybe I pissed someone off. Who knows.

Oh well, it's their site and they can do things the way they'd like. In a business like that I would like to see a committee vote on domains being auctioned and maybe a few more per day. A committee of domainers with no personal ties to the domains being auctioned.

BTW, did you get a load of the chat today? I was there for as long as I could stand it as it was disruptive and not really all that productive with one person jumping in making rude comments during chat with Adams Consulting. Oh well, again people can run their sites however they choose. It's just disappointing because it is a system with so much potential.

A committee of domainers with no personal ties to the domains being auctioned.

Personal ties to domains/friends are probably the main reasons why weak domains are being accepted on Bido. That's my guess.

It's just disappointing because it is a system with so much potential.

Yes, Bido is a fantastic idea and they have implemented many other original ideas. However, the weak domains spoil it.

Personal ties to domains/friends are probably the main reasons why weak domains are being accepted on Bido. That's my guess.
Yes, you may be right. If it works for them, that's fine. As for me, I'd like to see a response for domain names not accepted and maybe have the bidders or domain experts vote domains into the auction.

Yes, Bido is a fantastic idea and they have implemented many other original ideas. However, the weak domains spoil it.
Agreed, it is a fantastic idea. The weak domain names will eventually cause people to lose interest. If we want to chat about domains names with domainers there are plenty of places to do so.

I guess all we can really do is keep an eye on it and see how bido plans to expand. They're either going to make it or break it.

From a financial standpoint, I'm not sure how the system plans to be profitable with single domains selling for under $1000. Think about it, if they aren't Bido's domain names and they take 8%, that's only $80 a day if the domain brings in $1000. So I'd have to imagine that most of the domains they're selling are their own domains otherwise they'd be out of business. Even so, based on sales it would seem a bit difficult for the system to support the two founders and Jarred and Art. That's 4 people. $80 or even $1000 a day simply doesn't make it profitable. Maybe it's just poor business planning. Not to mention, I believe they pay for the transfers into Moniker. We'll just have to see how it goes.

I love the "expert" opinions particularly those that obviously know zip about .co.in domains and previous sales info.

To be honest I was stunned at the price for dinnerknives.com , I personally would have put it at low xxx.

Removal of your comment, possibly an error? Ask Bido- can't do them any good to remove comments they may not like.

Sorry to hear this - Bido has emphasized in several emails I received from them that they allow negative comments. If they didn't do this, then the commentary is somewhat misleading and not helpful at all.

Thanks for writing up the blog post and alerting us to this issue.

And I am surprised (shocked!) how much the domain DinnerKnives.com ended up selling for. I've got much better domains than that which I'm dropping because I don't think they're worth renewing. On the forums, I wonder whether anyone would have paid reg fee for this domain.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom