Examples of endusers buying .IN domains

IT.com

Ceres

Looks like some of the Indian domains that were reported ended up with end users. Examples:

Leds.in now forwards to Leds.com, which is owned by the LUXX group. One of the products LUXX sells is LED lighting fixtures. The domain sold for $7,973 in April 2008.

Zoom.in forwards to ZoomIn.com. "ZoomIn" is an online photo printing service. The domain sold for $3,000 in November 2006.

RobotShop.in, which forwards to RobotShop.com, is owned by RobotShop Inc. The domain sold for 1,500 Eur or about $1,971 in April 2009.

Tpa.in is owned by TPA Holding BV. The domain sold for €1000 or about $1,300 in 2008.

Bain.in is owned by Bain & Company. The domain sold for $1,000 (unknown date).

iPromote.in, which forwards to iPromote.com, is owned by iPromote, a division of 2KDirect, Inc. The domain sold for $550 in November 2008.

Both ConferenceCall.co.in and ConferenceCalls.co.in forward to ConferenceCalls.com. The company, Universal Calling Inc, offers worldwide conference call services and conference call software. Each domain sold for $499 in September 2007.

Anyone else have examples?

Edit: I've added the dates when the domains were originally sold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting to know - thanks for doing this!

Ultimately, it's end user money that drives the market, so I'm glad to see that this is happening so often.

TShirts.in - sold for $2K

VDO.co.in was originally sold to Siemens? and forwarded to their site but looks like a new owner- about $5K i think.

A few more examples of Indian domains that ended up with end users:

BusinessWeek.in redirects to BusinessWeek.com. The domain sold for $2,500 in December 2007.

Bharat.co.in is owned by Bharat Infratech (Hyderabad-based real estate developers). The domain sold for $2,500 (unknown date).

SRK.co.in redirects to .in.srk.com and is owned by an international consulting firm, SRK Consulting. The domain sold for $2,500 in September 2006.

Ghd.in is owned by GHD Group Pty Ltd, an international professional services company. The domain sold for €1,500/$2,115 in December 2008.

Ika.in is owned by IKA-Werke GMBH, a German manufacturer. The domain sold for $1,500 in December 2008.

AMG.in is owned by India International, a registered Christian social service organisation. The domain sold for €800/$1,240 in June 2008.

Ron.in is owned by RONIN Partners (provides investment services worldwide). The domain sold for $1,200 in June 2008.

I forgot GNI.in but I gave it to them so no sales figures.

A couple of goodies that I cannot disclose, quite a few around I think.

Thanks DomainLobe.

Good quality LLL.in seem to sell well to end users.

RBE.in is now being used by the media and entertainment company, Reliance Big Entertainment. The domain sold for $700 in October 2008. RBE.in redirects to RBE.co.in.

Thanks for the update!

The domain isn't resolving for me?!

Good to see an end user choosing a .co.in rather than a .in as their main website.

Thanks for the update!

The domain isn't resolving for me?!

Good to see an end user choosing a .co.in rather than a .in as their main website.

Perhaps there's some maintenance going on? Just noticed that 'rbe.in' redirects to rbe.co.in. However, there's no redirect when you type 'www.rbe.in.' So perhaps they are still fixing up the site?

Still not working for me. Maybe their nameservers haven't finished resolving yet.

A few more examples of Indian domains that ended up with end users:

Parallels.in is now owned by Parallels Holdings Ltd (software provider). The domain sold for $2,500 in May 2009. Parallels.in redirects to Parallels.com.

MWV.in is now owned by MeadWestvaco Corporation (a packaging solutions provider). The domain sold for $2,000 in January 2007. MWV.in redirects to MeadWestvaco.com.

BSI.co.in
is now the website of Bishan Steel Industries. The domain sold for $110 in January 2009. I note the domain is registered in the name of a web development company. In my opinion, BSI should ensure the domain is registered in its own name, otherwise it may face problems in the future.

Dali.in ended up with DALI (Danish Audiophile Loudspeaker Industries), a manufacturer of speakers that sells its products worldwide.

The domain originally sold for $408 in November 2007.

Could do with the owners of vodka.com buying my vodka.in he he he he :)

Some good sale prices there, always wonder when people say " I'm not an end user looking to buy at end user prices" I guess you will never know untill sale has completed and the new reg info is avalable to see!!

"UsedMachinery.in" and "UsedMachinery.co.in" have both been lapped up by Indian companies who are Importers and / or Suppliers of used machinery.

Interestingly, there is no re-directing of any sort for both the names.

It really is nice to see many firms using the .co.in extension.

Not to forget, Google also uses .co.in, and so does Yahoo!

I've always believed that once all the hype dust settles, the real players with the real traffic will stick with the .co.in extension names.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom