Exact Match Domain Name Penalty

Discussion in 'General Indian Domain Name Discussion' started by jacksong, Oct 19, 2012.

1. jacksong

jacksong New Member

From an SEO point of view and Domainers point of view, this google update is heart breaking.

Google's EMD Algo Update - Early Data | SEOmoz
    Google Drops "Low Quality" Exact Match Domains From Search Results
    Exact Match Domain Penalty Added to Google Algo : EMD Penalty

Can anyone hit by these algorithms ? For me, I have hit heavily from this update... Most that were micro sites were washed out of the Google SERP
    Whats your opinion on this google update and how it affects the Domainers future ?

2. indy

indy United States .intrepreneur

Home Page:
    Lesson Learned...Dont depend on Google for anything.... For Traffic or Revenue.

Try social, viral, guerilla marketing. If Google indexes your site, thats just cheddar.....

Maybe its time to focus on 'typein' domains instead of EMD domains. With a 'typein' or 'direct navigation' domain, Google can make all the changes in their algorithms that they want; they cant stop a user from typing in the domain name to get there.

Would be glad to help....

3. Jeff
    • Staff / Moderator

Jeff Canada Administrator Staff Member

I had a few sites hit by this - fortunately, nothing too serious, just frustrating as they all went down a few places in the SERPs. Compared to Panda and Penguin, this was more of a minor irritation.

I'm not sure it affects the value of quality EMDs - there are lots of reasons to own these rather than just because of Google.

4. Rajat

Rajat India Member

Home Page:
    Well said. That's why short and branded domain is more important.
    For this reason LLL .in domain names will be more important in near future.
    I'm getting few offers on them. Either LLL .in domain name or LLLLL .com domain name.

5. prettypoonam

prettypoonam India New Member

Home Page:
    its depends on domain names, whose domain is exactly match with other domains,
    others will not be worry,who have unique domain names.

6. goodluckdomain

goodluckdomain New Member

Google is started punishing websites having exact keywords as a domain name, I think its a Good move by google because most of the people register domain with the the targeted keyword and rank 1st in the Google SERP even though they don't have a Good content and quality back links.