Estibot v2 and Indian Domains

IT.com

Ceres

As you probably know, Estibot is currently working on EstiBot v.2. I decided to compare the appraisals of a few Indian domain names using Estibot v.1 and Estibot v.2.

I entered the top 10 reported Indian domain sales (using 'Bulk Appraisal' on v1, and 'Domain Name Appraiser' on v2). Here are the results:

Poker.in – v2: $8,800 (v1: $5,800)
Mails.in – v2: $25,000 (v1: $12,000)
Searching.in - v2: $1,900 (v1: $460)
Linkshare.in - v2: $720 (v1: $140)
Webcam.in - v2: $19,000 (v1: $11,000)
Defend.in - v2: $9,700 (v1: $4,800)
Tea.in - v2: $5,400 (v1: $13,000)
Leds.in - v2: $8,200 (v1: $4,100)
123.in – v2: $7,700 (v1: $4,200)
Hollywood.co.in – v2: $7,200 (v1: did not recognise this third level domain)

As you will see, the Indian domains do better under v.2. So the question is: have Estibot v2 appraisals been inflated, or does Estibot now recognise the value of Indian domains? I believe it's the latter because I also tested out some .com domains and my general observation was that, on Estibot v2, many domains are not being appraised as highly as before (which probably means v2 is more realistic! ;)).

Out of interest, I also tested the above-listed names with the .com extension. Here are the results:

Poker.com – v2: $2,300,000 (v1: $2,400,000)
Mails.com - v2: $1,200 (v1: $21,000)
Searching.com - v2: $87,000 (v1: $80,000)
Linkshare.com – v2: $37,000 (v1: $50,000)
Webcam.com - v2: $5,300,000 (v1: $850,000)
Defend.com - v2: $7,000 (v1: $42,000)
Tea.com - v2: $1,200,000 (v1: $730,000)
Leds.com - v2: $69,000 (v1: $110,000)
123.com – v2: $21,000 (v1: $66,000)
Hollywood.com – v2: $1,300,000 (v1: $380,000)

As v2 is still in beta, there's always the possibility that further changes will be made to the algorithm. I notice that on v2, Mails.in is worth more than Mails.com. ;)

Obviously, we shouldn't rely solely on automated appraisals to assess the value of a domain name. We need to consider many other factors.

What are your observations about Estibot v2? Who has tested it out?

Thanx Ceres.

I tried 100 LLL.in with new Beta version as I was more familiar with LLL.in price. Here are my findings:
(i) The earlier version was very liberal in giving estimates. This version is more conservative in their prices. One of my names went from six figures to high four figures.

(ii) The average of those 100 premium LLL.in was ~$700. I think that is what an end-user can pay; Of course if you are trying to sell names using Estibot, based on ones' negotiations skills (or lack of it), you can get more or less then Estbot.

(iii) LLL.in starting with 'I' were on average very close to $1K.

I'll play with it a bit more over the weekends and update you guys.

Have a nice weekend folks.

--Ace

Thanx Ceres.

I tried 100 LLL.in with new Beta version as I was more familiar with LLL.in price. Here are my findings:
(i) The earlier version was very liberal in giving estimates. This version is more conservative in their prices. One of my names went from six figures to high four figures.

(ii) The average of those 100 premium LLL.in was ~$700. I think that is what an end-user can pay; Of course if you are trying to sell names using Estibot, based on ones' negotiations skills (or lack of it), you can get more or less then Estbot.

(iii) LLL.in starting with 'I' were on average very close to $1K.

I'll play with it a bit more over the weekends and update you guys.

Have a nice weekend folks.

--Ace

I agree with your analysis of how estibot v2 appraises LLL.ins. I put in about 15 of my LLL.ins and most were appraised low to high $xxx, which i think is totally reasonable for end user sales at this moment. SOme came out at very low $x,xxx. I'm happy that a new version of estibot is about to be rolled out. Makes my membership even more worth it:p

Thanks Ceres,

I think that the Estibot 2 is a better version for .IN names and as a rough guide (and only a rough guide!) a decent tool for helping to price a name for sale or if you are looking at buying a name in the aftermarket.

I only ran through a small number of my .IN names (approx 50 or so) and most of them came back at between US$2000-3000 for each name with a few between US$900-2000 so that was very close to what I had thought they were worth.

Funny thing is that most of the names I am selling at the moment are .CO.IN names so if they could get that side of Estibot working it would be very handy!

Regards

Ed Keay-Smith
OzDomainer.com

Apple has filed more than 200 patents related to the technology behind the iPhone.[147][148]
LG Electronics claimed the iPhone's design was copied from the LG Prada. Woo-Young Kwak, head of LG Mobile Handset R&D Center, said at a press conference, “We consider that Apple copied Prada phone after the design was unveiled when it was presented in the iF Design Award and won the prize in September 2006.â€Â[149]
On September 3, 1993, Infogear filed for the U.S. trademark "I PHONE"[150] and on March 20, 1996 applied for the trademark "IPhone".[151] "I Phone" was registered in March 1998,[150] and "IPhone" was registered in 1999.[151] Since then, the I PHONE mark had been abandoned.[150] Infogear's trademarks cover "communications terminals comprising computer hardware and software providing integrated telephone, data communications and personal computer functions" (1993 filing),[150] and "computer hardware and software for providing integrated telephone communication with computerized global information networks" (1996 filing).[152] Infogear released a telephone with an integrated web browser under the name iPhone in 1998.[153] In 2000, Infogear won an infringement claim against the owners of the iphones.com domain name.[154] In June 2000, Cisco Systems acquired Infogear, including the iPhone trademark.[155] On December 18, 2006 they released a range of re-branded Voice over IP (VoIP) sets under the name iPhone.[156]
In October 2002, Apple applied for the "iPhone" trademark in the United Kingdom, Australia, Singapore, and the European Union. A Canadian application followed in October 2004 and a New Zealand application in September 2006. As of October 2006 only the Singapore and Australian applications had been granted. In September 2006, a company called Ocean Telecom Services applied for an "iPhone" trademark in the United States, United Kingdom and Hong Kong, following a filing in Trinidad and Tobago.[157] As the Ocean Telecom trademark applications use exactly the same wording as Apple's New Zealand application, it is assumed that Ocean Telecom is applying on behalf of Apple.[158] The Canadian application was opposed in August 2005 by a Canadian company called Comwave who themselves applied for the trademark three months later. Comwave have been selling VoIP devices called iPhone since 2004.[155]
Shortly after Steve Jobs' January 9, 2007 announcement that Apple would be selling a product called iPhone in June 2007, Cisco issued a statement that it had been negotiating trademark licensing with Apple and expected Apple to agree to the final documents that had been submitted the night before.[159] On January 10, 2007 Cisco announced it had filed a lawsuit against Apple over the infringement of the trademark iPhone, seeking an injunction in federal court to prohibit Apple from using the name.[160] More recently, Cisco claimed that the trademark lawsuit was a "minor skirmish" that was not about money, but about interoperability.[161]
On February 2, 2007, Apple and Cisco announced that they had agreed to temporarily suspend litigation while they hold settlement talks,[162] and subsequently announced on February 20, 2007 that they had reached an agreement. Both companies will be allowed to use the "iPhone" name[163] in exchange for "exploring interoperability" between their security, consumer, and business communications products.[164]
The iPhone has also inspired several leading high-tech clones,[165] driving both Apple's popularity and consumer willingness to upgrade iPhones quickly.[166]
interesting from wiki;), lot of others ,
also
Oops, iPhone Trademark Already Taken In China (AAPL)
any idea of india status?
P.S. better to stay away from T.M. whatever the valuation IMO.:rolleyes:
domainerin, I don't know if it's your domain, but "iPhone" is a well-known trademark owned by Apple. Apple is known to be very protective of its marks...

Yes, iPhone is TM , " Iphones " is generic term though IMO .. Check Iphones.com or Iphones.cctld's

Iphones.ru is on alexa rank 13k with lot of other similar cctld domains.

Even if apple had shut sites down with TM, it would first have to claim the TM with others who have filed suit against them.

I've already decided to gift it to a iphone app development company in India anyway ;)

@Ace and Warbux - interesting stats re LLL.in's – thanks!

Funny thing is that most of the names I am selling at the moment are .CO.IN names so if they could get that side of Estibot working it would be very handy!

Yes, Estibot 2.0 seems to have no problem handling third level domains. Hooray! :)

any idea of india status?

I don't know if Apple has a registered TM in India for "iPhone." However, in January, Apple filed an objection at the Indian TM Registry re TM application for "i phone" by Reliance Communications. To me, this indicates Apple is claiming prior trademark rights in India for "iPhone" (ie. either registered or common law rights).

I don't know when Estibot 2.0 will come out of Beta, but hopefully it will sooner rather than later! I understand some new features are being introduced, such as end-user leads and a direct match network.

I still think estibot v2 underestimates some .co.ins. I only say this because i put in a few one word .co.ins i own, and no appraisal went above $100...maybe i just have bad .co.ins, but i think a few should have been appraised higher.

I am impressed by Estibot's User Guide, especially the classification of Estibot's Valuation results.

http://estibot.com/members/domainer/guide.php

It is critical that every user here goes through it word-by-word as it provides important details about how to interpret the results of their appraisal.

In the final analysis, their valuation can be effectively used as a point of reference for pricing one's domain name/s.

I just became a member and 'am looking forward to get many more insights.

Estibot is a good estimator of potential, not necessarily value :). I say that to people who think the dollar estimations might be too high, too low or just unsatisfactory...

I notice that Estibot v2 (beta) currently seems to value .co.in higher than .in.

Some examples:

Travel.co.in - $50,000
Travel.in - $8,8000
Computers.co.in - $35,000
Computers.in - $5,900
Sports.co.in - $25,000
Sports.in - $4,400
Printers.co.in - $30,000
Printers.in - $5,400
Shopping.co.in - $25,000
Shopping.in - $4,400

What do you think of the above? Do you think Estibot will eventually change this or not?

I'm not sure if the Estibot algorithm takes into account past sales, but currently the Indian domain sales list has approx. 380 reported sales of which 320 are .in and 60 are .co.in.

While I believe both extensions are valuable, I like Computers.in better than Computers.co.in - the .co.in vs. .in topic has been discussed many times before!

EstiBot 2.0 has now officially launched. As reported earlier in this thread, overall valuations for Indian domains do better under EstiBot 2.0.

However, this part about .co.in domains has changed:

I notice that Estibot v2 (beta) currently seems to value .co.in higher than .in.

Some examples:

Travel.co.in - $50,000
Travel.in - $8,8000
Computers.co.in - $35,000
Computers.in - $5,900
Sports.co.in - $25,000
Sports.in - $4,400
Printers.co.in - $30,000
Printers.in - $5,400
Shopping.co.in - $25,000
Shopping.in - $4,400

Here are the new results:

Travel.co.in - $45
Travel.in - $7,700
Computers.co.in - $25
Computers.in - $4,500
Sports.co.in - $25
Sports.in - $4,400
Printers.co.in - $35
Printers.in - $5,500
Shopping.co.in - $30
Shopping.in - $4,900

:eek: .co.in has gone from one extreme to another? Anyone want to sell me these .co.in domains at the above-mentioned prices? ;)

Thanks for the reminder on this update Ceres.

I have found within the past few months that Estibot appraises alot of one word .co.ins at mid $xx,but i am very happy with their LLL.in appraisals. MOst of them seem to fall in the $100-$500 range, which i think is very realistic considering recent sales we've all heard about. Why would it appraise .co.ins so low?

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom