Estibot appears to favor .in over .co.in

IT.com

gentlesavage

Estibot is weird. I know you have to take their estimates with a grain of salt. However, it appears to favor .in over .co.in for whatever reason. An example: I plugged in both cricket.in and cricket.co.in and got two different estimates 50 dollars for .co.in and 3400 for cricket.in. Why this is so I have no idea.

This observation was brought to you by:

Christopher

Estibot is cool for their stats, but I wouldn't put much faith in the valuations given, especially for pretty much any ccTLD.

However, .in's are definitely worth much more than .co.in domains.

If the owner of cricket.co.in wants to sell it to me for $50, I'd be a very happy man :D

Estibot's estimations on LLL.in prices are pretty close to what they could be to a reseller or end user. I'm even impressed estibot evaluates .ins! .IN is the way to go these days, and if you should primarily keep .co.ins, try to get strong keywords/1 word names. I've downsized my .co.in names, and i'm cherry picking for .in names. THe sales data seems to support .in being the more lucrative for sales.

I think you are right about co.in. I've noticed .co.in gets type in traffic. I haven't seen .in get much, if any type in traffic.

LLL.in's are indeed picking up..have come across some examples randomly..so good catch I must say..

It looks like the $50 issue for .co.in is due to the fact that Estibot is struggling to recognise third level .in domains. I get the same result with .net.in, etc.

I got $0 for these in quick appraisal :--

Biochemistry.co.in
Biochemistry.in
Biomedical.in
DrugShop.in
ComputerSoftware.in

URLtrader

That actually sounds in the ballpark for flights.in - it's definitely a 5 figure domain.

He must be doing something wrong. ComputerSoftware.in get's a 990 dollar estimate.

Fast Bulk Appraisal gave me these appraisals few minutes ago :--

Biochemistry.in 0
Biomedical.in 0
DrugShop.in 0
ComputerSoftware.in 0

And Bulk Appraisal gave me these appraisals a minute ago :--

Biochemistry.in 460
Biomedical.in 430
DrugShop.in 0
ComputerSoftware.in 8700

URLtrader

Another Estibot deviation I observed is when using capitalization of the words. It can appraise differently: WordWord.com and wordword.com for example.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom