EsselWorld - .com to .in

IT.com

Ceres

It's always nice to come across an example .com website that is prompting people to visit two .IN sites. :)

According to Archive.org, EsselWorld (an amusement park and a water park) has been using EsselWorld.com since at least as early as 1999. Sometime this year, the .com website started prompting visitors to go to either EsselWorld.in or WaterKingdom.in (both attractions are part of EsselWorld).

A press release states:

It is none other than your very own, the one and only fun destination 'EsselWorld'. To mark the legacy and keeping in mind the current scenario, EsselWorld and Water Kingdom has announced the launch of two brand new websites, that being 'www.esselworld.in and www.waterkingdom.in.'
Launching the .in websites makes a lot sense to me as EsselWorld is located in Mumbai, and is likely targeting a lot of people from all over in India.

For defensive reasons, it's a shame EsselWorld didn't think to register the .co.in versions of these websites.

BTW, has anyone actually been to EsselWorld? The roller coaster looks like it might be a bit too "thrilling" for my tastes. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, has anyone actually been to EsselWorld? The roller coaster looks like it might be a bit too "thrilling" for my tastes. :D

With ppl. in Mumbai experiencing some form of thrill on buses/train, it is expected that the rides should provide that extra thrill :)

With ppl. in Mumbai experiencing some form of thrill on buses/train, it is expected that the rides should provide that extra thrill :)

:p LOL, yes I've heard it's a real adventure on the buses/trains. The London Tube system is also an adventure; you get to enjoy being squashed like sardines!

I've been to Esselworld about 9 yrs back. The rides aren't that scary, though it makes for a nice day trip - needs a ferry ride or a really long drive to get there.

Whats even more relevant is that Esselworld is a division of the Zee Group of Companies including Zee TV, Zee News, Zee Network, Essel packaging and quite a few other companies. So in that sense, its a major Indian company.

So its great that the majors in India are getting going w/ .in - I'm not so surprised that they didn't register the .co.in - its now deeply entrenched as a legacy tld.

The rides aren't that scary

..or perhaps you're just brave. :p

Whats even more relevant is that Esselworld is a division of the Zee Group of Companies including Zee TV, Zee News, Zee Network, Essel packaging and quite a few other companies. So in that sense, its a major Indian company.

I didn't know that, thanks mwzd. I see these other companies are currently using .com domains. Perhaps they'll eventually prompt India-based visitors to .in websites?

I'm not so surprised that they didn't register the .co.in - its now deeply entrenched as a legacy tld.

Whether or not that's true, I still think it would have been a smart move by EsselWorld to also register the .co.in. It will stop a third party from registering the domain and will help protect the EsselWorld brand.

Yeah, actually its a no brainer at $8/yr.

Even INDRP costs $250.

Cheaper to just register it...

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom