Epik For Domainers

Ceres

I don't know what is "original content" they refer to.. could it be the listings? I am not complaining, just observing.
msdomains, according to an article on Domain Name Wire, Epik gets its content via an ontology through Evri. Epik has an exclusive license to use this content:

Utilizing a semantic web ontology of two million people, places, and things, Epik automatically sets up a five page web site on your domains. Epik has an exclusive license (for use on domains) for content from semantic web company Evri.
You're right about Epik getting some of its city descriptions from Wikipedia as I see links showing that that's where Epik got its information from.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
Looks like some of the information may be pulled from Traveler.com as well.

skyshipper

Country flag
I got some names at EPIK, their sites look good! but my revenue is less! I used to have good traffic on some sites, but the revenue after epik is poor. I dont know if i should try it how much longer!At least 1 more month, then i think ,it will be time for a review.
york.co.in
flying.in

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
I'm going to give it a full month, and then I'll evaluate.

I'm surprised about your domains - york.co.in and flying.in don't strike me as domains that would get a lot of traffic.

skyshipper

Country flag
actually the traffic was not flying in really! but decent non the less, for a parked name. I see the traffic stats there and it has really been very poor. (with york mostly) . maybe some statistical issue.
I'm going to give it a full month, and then I'll evaluate.

I'm surprised about your domains - york.co.in and flying.in don't strike me as domains that would get a lot of traffic.

indy

.intrepreneur
They just approved one of my .in domains.... so will provide an update in September as to how well its performed. We'll give them a few weeks to prove their worth :)

hosting

i have just submitted couple of my domain names.lets see whether they accept it or not ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
It has been a month now since I tried out Epik. The results are nothing great:

Site #1
Before Epik: no traffic or revenue
After Epik: 51 uniques / $0.39 in 1 month

Site #2
Before Epik: average 42 uniques / average $0.18 per month
After Epik: 27 uniques / $0.05 in 1 month

Site #3
Before Epik: no traffic or revenue
After Epik: 1 unique / no revenue

Site #4
Before Epik: average 26 uniques / average $0.20 per month
After Epik: 19 uniques / $0.12

Ace

Thanx Jeff. It will be interesting to see the type of sites they are. Not domain name, just the category they fall under.

hosting

but how do you monetize the domain names at epik. for e.g, parking service namedrive, sedo give you option to put your own key words. do you go through SEO path?

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
but how do you monetize the domain names at epik. for e.g, parking service namedrive, sedo give you option to put your own key words. do you go through SEO path?
They put all the content on your domain - there's no real way to control it. I'm not sure how much onsite SEO they are doing.

nitro

I've suggested some domains and more than a dozen were approved. But most of them are NOT geo-domains! To me it seems, that they have an internal catalogue of keywords. And if your domain matches - it will be accepted automatically. Some examples:
Crop
Tuna
Water Power
(But I'm wondering a bit about the content, which is shown then. Pretty often the content is about some popbands and not about the original meaning of the key. As you can see here: Fuse )
Now let's see how Epik works and how the revenue will be.
Regards
nitro

indy

.intrepreneur
Epik accepted a few of my domains so I decided to give it a shot with one domain for a solid 6 months.

After 6 months, I am sorry to say that my domain has earned under $1.00 US combined ($0.91 to be exact). Sure, I'll give it that according to Epik's numbers the domain didn't generate tons of traffic - but the entire site is under their control - means they are the SEO, they are the marketer and the Publisher all in one - so getting the traffic is up to them. The domain is an excellent 5 letter domain - very popular so the revenue numbers are very surprising!

Seriously, if they only approve "qualified sites" - there should be a system in place that allows the site owner to specify a monthly minimum expected.

The domain is still listed with Epik and will be pulled any one of these days due to severe underperformance. What a disappointment!

Live and Learn!

nitro

Exactly the same with my domains. No additional traffic, click ratio is even far lower than before at Sed* parking. Very disappointing. I'm going to stop this experiment.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan For all domainers: Morgan Linton's take on Escrow.com vs Epik for selling domains Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton switches to Epik from GoDaddy Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Epik created domain name marketplace Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Kickass News: Epik now owns NameInvestors.com +NameBrokers.com Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Epik is running a .COM promo on NamePros Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Epik choses to sponsor 8chan’s domain; refrains from hosting Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan 8chan joins hands with Epik. Let's see what the Epik CEO has to say Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Director of Operations - Joseph Peterson, resigns from Epik Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Epik.com CEO Rob Monster did a big mistake Registrars 0
JulienJ Epik takes Whois search counts to another level The Lounge 0
Jeff Impressive Feature at Epik Registrars 0
domainking131 Epik.com Announces Record Results & Plans International Expansion Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Epik.com Gets A New User Interface Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Efty's must-read tips for domainers in these tough times Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Domainers come together on Twitter to help those in need Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Bitter comment for domainers on Morgan Linton's post Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Attorney Howard Neu' s findings look promising for domainers on the UDRP front Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Domainers beat journalists at their game Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Important updates for domainers from the dotEU Brexit Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Your domain shopping money at NamesCon will benefit domainers directions.com and toolchest.com. Non-Indian Domains 0
wot .co.in - no longer viable for domainers? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
Prashant Sharan Black Friday deals for domainers Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton's views on extension being good for a company without being good for Domainers Resources 0
Prashant Sharan ICANN is punishing domainers - .info, .biz and .asia contracts were renewed too!! Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Domainers are up in arms about an ICANN proposal to remove all price caps on popular .ORG domains Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: .Dev is for developers and not for domainers Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Rick Swartz: Social Media Will do for Domains what Domainers Failed to do for Domains! Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Rick Swartz : Domainers that Invested in GTLD’s are not being Quiet. Many of them are GONE! Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan WARNING: For all domainers that park their domain name with PPC ads Legal Issues and Dispute 0
JulienJ Alert: Domainers be Wary of “Bitcoin” Scammers The Lounge 0
domainking131 One reason why Black Friday and Cyber Monday are great for Domainers The Lounge 0
domainking131 Do you pay attention to what seasoned Domainers are buying and selling? Non-Indian Domains 0
F Need Advice from Experienced domainers General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
DomainAssetPros Greetings Fellow Domainers Introduce Yourself 2
domainking131 Why Rick Schwartz’s UDRP loss is good for domainers Legal Issues and Dispute 0
I First Domain Conference in Middle-east - DOMAINERS MEET at Radisson Blu Dubai - April 23-24, 2016 General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
V Hi Domainers Introduce Yourself 6
domainking131 7 things Domainers should do before the end of the year Non-Indian Domains 0
L <$25 only> DOMAINERS.US | Similar sold over $1,000 External Auctions 0
domainking131 The difference between domainers and cybersquatters Non-Indian Domains 0
L Hotels-India.com |Layout.me |Domainers.us |Wimax.info |Phablet.us on Flippa External Auctions 0
L Domainers.us | 11+ years old | 24 hours left on Flippa Non-India Related Domains 0
domainking131 GoDaddy going public! What would be the effect on domainers? Non-Indian Domains 1
thebetaguy Verisign Private Luncheon at WDD for Selected Domainers General Indian Domain Name Discussion 4
R Indian Budget-2015 -Effect on .IN Domains and Indian Domainers General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
ajf7688 Income tax for domainers Business and Economy 4
domainking131 Domainers getting spam emails from SiteBinge.com Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Domainers wish the Domain Mogul, Ron Jackson on his 40th Birthday!! Non-Indian Domains 1
CyberKing Best News For Domainers Ever? Amazon Developing Product To Compete With Google Adword Webmaster Forum 1
domainking131 Some of the domain name services for Domainers Resources 0