Dynadot Domain front running

IT.com

kandyjet

Folks,

its funny. morning i looked up for bvn.in and was available at dynadot.
just thought of registering it now (after nearly 12 hours) and found it was taken by dynadot itself :p

who is shows it was registred by dynadot today LOL

Domain Name:BVN.IN
Created On:18-Mar-2010 13:06:00 UTC
Last Updated On:18-Mar-2010 13:07:10 UTC
Expiration Date:18-Mar-2011 13:06:00 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Dynadot LLC (R117-AFIN)

Folks,

its funny. morning i looked up for bvn.in and was available at dynadot.
just thought of registering it now (after nearly 12 hours) and found it was taken by dynadot itself :p

who is shows it was registred by dynadot today LOL

Domain Name:BVN.IN
Created On:18-Mar-2010 13:06:00 UTC
Last Updated On:18-Mar-2010 13:07:10 UTC
Expiration Date:18-Mar-2011 13:06:00 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Dynadot LLC (R117-AFIN)

Hi kandyjet,

I'm a little confused by your post as the registrar and registrant are two different things. Dynadot is NOT the registrant (ie owner) of this domain.

Hai ceres,
actually what i mean is, even though the Domain owner is not dynadot, some one in dynadot staff doing this for sure. coz where i looked up the domain name is at dynadot.

they did not stop there. read what happend below today. really funny.

Today i looked up btw.in at dynadot and it was available. But i was in two minded weather to register or not. after 15 minutes i went to register it anyway. sadly, it was taken LOL. the registar is again dynadot. :D

You can try it your self. visit here and pickup a good name from list, goto dynadot and lookup that. you will see within 0.30-12 hours it will be registered through dynadot. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW btw.in is registered since 2005.

I am sure dynadot is not doing what you allege.
Sometimes they take some time to update the registrant's details after registration and till that time you will only see the registrant as dynadot staff

Hai ceres,
actually what i mean is, even though the Domain owner is not dynadot, some one in dynadot staff doing this for sure. coz where i looked up the domain name is at dynadot.

they did not stop there. read what happend below today. really funny.

Today i looked up btw.in at dynadot and it was available. But i was in two minded weather to register or not. after 15 minutes i went to register it anyway. sadly, it was taken LOL. the registar is again dynadot. :D

You can try it your self. visit here and pickup a good name from list, goto dynadot and lookup that. you will see within 0.30-12 hours it will be registered through dynadot. :D

sorry sorry sorry.
it not BTW.IN its DTW.in :)

btw, a small correction. on march 16/17 first i lookedup up for bvn.in and dtw.in. so it look like same day (17-mar-2010) they both got registred as i sad. but today only i saw dtw also taken. so today i looked up and it was available is a little messed up. sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't post people's personal details.

The owner of that domain is a member here who purchases many Indian domain names. I'm pretty sure that he has no affiliation with Dynadot.

I think it's just a coincidence that this happened. I seriously doubt that there was any front running involved.

Please don't post people's personal details.

The owner of that domain is a member here who purchases many Indian domain names. I'm pretty sure that he has no affiliation with Dynadot.

I think it's just a coincidence that this happened. I seriously doubt that there was any front running involved.

Thanks jeff, i ll remove his details now for sure. i did not post it with bad faith :p

Kandyjet, DTW . IN is owned by a member here as mentioned by Meditang and Jeff. The reason the name shows up under Dynadot Staff, is because when you try to register a name at Dynadot these high level steps occur:
(i) A Who-is look-up is done to check if the name is available
(ii) If available, the name is registered with who-is of Dynadot
(iii) The who-is of the registrant is applied to the name.

Incase of DynaDot, there is a delay between steps (ii) and (iii) which happens from time to time.

BTW, I do not work for DynaDot or have any affiliations with them.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom