Don't Make the Same Mistake Twice

Ceres

Whether you've built a business, a website, or developed a marketing plan, you're likely to have made mistakes along the way. Do you learn from such mistakes, or do you repeat the same mistakes?

The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur has an interesting post about not being afraid to make mistakes, and that doing nothing due to a fear of making mistakes is the worst thing you can do. Unfortunately (or should I say fortunately?!) I'm one of those people that has made mistakes along the way, but I try very hard to learn from them.

Mike Michalowicz's point is that it's okay to make mistakes, but don't make the same mistake twice, otherwise you're just 'Plain Ol' Stoopid'

Michalowicz provides some great questions you should ask yourself to help you expect and accept mistakes:

1. What were the errors you made? Why?
2. Why did the results differ from what you expected?
3. What needs to be adjusted so the next time you get your desired results?
4. Where there any benefits from your mistake that you can exploit?
5. Are there others that have made the same mistake? What can you learn from them?
6. How can you avoid making this mistake again?
7. Have you ever made this mistake before? If so, why in the hell did you repeat it?

Great questions! Okay, let me get a cup of tea and I'll start asking myself some of these questions? ;)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan ATTENTION !!! : Yogi Solanki shares some DOs and DON'Ts about outbound sales Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Don't forget to report to IRS when you exchange a domain name for BTC Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver's 2 Cents: Don’t negotiate a great price Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver: Don't look at sales in a vacuum Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: Don't buy expired domains that violates a Trademarks Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver: Consult "Domain Name Attorney" and don't “Ask a Lawyer” on a Domain Forum Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver on half a billion domain auction business that we don't know about Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Judges don't find harassment suit against Uniregistry upto the mark Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Konstantinos Zournas: I don’t share the domaining industry’s excitement about the Voice.com sale Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Don't give web developer access to your domain registrar account Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Google: Don’t Buy Domains for Past Rankings; Knows When They Change Hands Resources 0
JulienJ If I Had Just Started With Domain Names Today, I Don’t Think I Would Make It The Lounge 0
Swisslist What You Don't Know The Lounge 4
domainking131 You’ve Got an Offer, Now Don’t Blow the Deal! Resources 5
domainking131 9 things most people don’t understand about SEO Webmaster Forum 4
domainking131 If You Can’t Even Remember Your Own Website Don’t Expect Others To… Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Most Companies Don’t Know What To Do With Domain Names! Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 End Users Don’t Own Money Trees Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 End Users Don’t Own Money Trees Non-Indian Domains 0
C I don't get email notification for new private message. The Lounge 6
DomainSherpa 16 New TLDs, Which Don't Suck; SEM & SEO Results for New TLDs; .Whatever or Dash?... The Lounge 0
DomainSherpa DomainSherpa Review - August 11, 2014: Detect.com, PoolToys.com, NM.uk, Don't Buy... The Lounge 0
Aubits Don't Undersell your Premium Keyword .in and .co.in Domains General Indian Domain Name Discussion 9
W InchAllah.org - IS SELLING RIGHT NOW DON'T MISS OUT! Non-Indian Domains 0
I Indian .COM domains for sale (Don't Miss) For Sale 1
T Nixi set to don the role of national internet registry... General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
Ceres Google: I See Results You Don't See...? Webmaster Forum 0
ebiz4india 5 Domains Package Deal, One Word Premium Keywords. Don't MISS IT. For Sale 2
OzDomainer Don't Sell Your Names To Soon or To Cheap! General Indian Domain Name Discussion 15
Jeff Don't Buy Turnkey Websites Webmaster Forum 0
M sing, don't act! The Lounge 6
Prashant Sharan Effect of listing the same domain at different prices Resources 0
domainking131 Amazon Files Trademark for Prepared Food Kits; Domain Registered Same Day News Breaks Non-Indian Domains 0
Britney Parking services the same? Parking 1
wot Anyone getting the same thing? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 2
domainking131 Buzzlike.com gets the rare double flip in the same month Non-Indian Domains 0
D Two buyers offering the same price for a domain name. Non-Indian Domains 5
kriss05 Tech startups in China and India are quietly escalating to the same heights as in the US Indian Websites and Start-ups 2
domainking131 Same-sex marriage domain names are trending Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Sedo Reports $1.6 Million in Domain Sales led by Same.com at $233,333 Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Two Domains Registered and Sold on Same Day for $4,995 Non-Indian Domains 0
W India cc (.in ) will folllow the same pathways http://www.thedomains.com/2014/03/18/b The Lounge 10
I .Com sold for $36,000. Selling the same name for $200 External Auctions 0
D Three Domain Statuses at same time..?? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
Ceres Same-sex relationships decriminalised in India The Lounge 7
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton one the one big mistake startups make when trying to buy a domain name Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: Domain investors, when quoting comps, make this one mistake Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Calling a mistake a scam belittles actual scams. Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Epik.com CEO Rob Monster did a big mistake Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan The Angel Comments: Jason Calacanis says the biggest mistake Google made with Google Plus was not ge Non-Indian Domains 0