Don't give web developer access to your domain registrar account

Prashant Sharan

Country flag
Another business says it lost its domain to a web developer.

I know I’ve written about this many times, but if these stories prevent just one legal issue then it’s worth it.

Please, don’t give your web developer full access to your domain name registrar account.

Yesterday, a web site owner in Nevada filed a lawsuit (pdf) against a contract developer alleging that the developer has taken over his domain name and business.

EB Publishing, Inc. publishes ApplianceRepair.net. It hired Adrian Bursill to do work on its website. Now it alleges that he abused his access to the registrar account and switched the ownership of the website to his name.

Full article

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan ATTENTION !!! : Yogi Solanki shares some DOs and DON'Ts about outbound sales Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Don't forget to report to IRS when you exchange a domain name for BTC Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver's 2 Cents: Don’t negotiate a great price Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver: Don't look at sales in a vacuum Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: Don't buy expired domains that violates a Trademarks Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver: Consult "Domain Name Attorney" and don't “Ask a Lawyer” on a Domain Forum Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver on half a billion domain auction business that we don't know about Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Judges don't find harassment suit against Uniregistry upto the mark Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Konstantinos Zournas: I don’t share the domaining industry’s excitement about the Voice.com sale Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Google: Don’t Buy Domains for Past Rankings; Knows When They Change Hands Resources 0
JulienJ If I Had Just Started With Domain Names Today, I Don’t Think I Would Make It The Lounge 0
Swisslist What You Don't Know The Lounge 4
domainking131 You’ve Got an Offer, Now Don’t Blow the Deal! Resources 5
domainking131 9 things most people don’t understand about SEO Webmaster Forum 4
domainking131 If You Can’t Even Remember Your Own Website Don’t Expect Others To… Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Most Companies Don’t Know What To Do With Domain Names! Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 End Users Don’t Own Money Trees Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 End Users Don’t Own Money Trees Non-Indian Domains 0
C I don't get email notification for new private message. The Lounge 6
DomainSherpa 16 New TLDs, Which Don't Suck; SEM & SEO Results for New TLDs; .Whatever or Dash?... The Lounge 0
DomainSherpa DomainSherpa Review - August 11, 2014: Detect.com, PoolToys.com, NM.uk, Don't Buy... The Lounge 0
Aubits Don't Undersell your Premium Keyword .in and .co.in Domains General Indian Domain Name Discussion 9
W InchAllah.org - IS SELLING RIGHT NOW DON'T MISS OUT! Non-Indian Domains 0
I Indian .COM domains for sale (Don't Miss) For Sale 1
T Nixi set to don the role of national internet registry... General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
Ceres Google: I See Results You Don't See...? Webmaster Forum 0
ebiz4india 5 Domains Package Deal, One Word Premium Keywords. Don't MISS IT. For Sale 2
OzDomainer Don't Sell Your Names To Soon or To Cheap! General Indian Domain Name Discussion 15
Jeff Don't Buy Turnkey Websites Webmaster Forum 0
Ceres Don't Make the Same Mistake Twice Webmaster Forum 0
M sing, don't act! The Lounge 6
T How To Choose Web Hosting | 26 Awesome Tips Hosting 0
Prashant Sharan DNW Podcast : Peter Askewo on web businesses during the pandemic Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Webcentral rejects Web.com buyout Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Web.com's last month auction sales Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Web.com's aftermarket sales Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan The .web battle will be done away with in weeks Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Web.com buys Webcentral for $12.2 million Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan White nationalists' website gets kicked out by Web.com ; Can Epik be the new registar ? Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Joseph Peterson deciphers last month’s Web.com aftermarket sales Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Chinese Domains : Kassey Lee deciphers data about Chinese domain registrations and web usage Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan You might need a license to operate a web server in the future Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Xcerion renames its software business and changes its web address for $5.2 Million Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Non-profits to hold public web conference with Ethos execs Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Web.com got pwned Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Web.com finds possible security incident at its registrars Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Your web address and site may need to reflect patent ownership for its protection Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Web.com is looking for a "Aftermarket Channel Manager" Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan August's important Web.com aftermarket domain sales Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Web.com now owns Dreamscape Networks Registrars 0