DomainTools - Big Price Increase Coming

IT.com

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
In approximately one month's time, DomainTools is going to jack up prices in a major way. According to:

http://www.domaintools.com/membership-upgrade-faq

All existing levels of membership will be gone, and the cheapest new membership price will be personal. Personal memberships are $99 per month:

https://secure.domaintools.com/join/

Very disappointing - essential data has now become extremely expensive. Here are some more snippets from the FAQ:

Is my account changing?
Yes. All Legacy (Gold, Silver, Standard and Professional) are upgrading to the Personal Membership package.

When is the upgrade starting?
Legacy accounts will begin to upgrade starting June 25, 2016 and the pricing change will occur on your next billing cycle.

Can I upgrade to a Personal membership from my current Legacy membership ahead of time?
If you would like to convert to Personal membership to take advantage of the additional services, you can do that on your My Account page "Upgrade Your Membership" link.

Can I opt out of the upgrade to retain my current membership?
Unfortunately not. All Legacy accounts are being upgraded to Personal Memberships.

Do you offer a cheaper plan?
Not at this time.

Just got the official email, below. Sounds like even at $1000 bucks per year, whois history is limited, which is what I mainly use this for.

At DomainTools, we're committed to helping you research domain names by providing access to the most comprehensive domain name and DNS intelligence available. Whether you're exploring, investigating, or protecting, we make it easy to get complete and accurate profiles of online activity, quickly. Delivering on this commitment means investing heavily in data, systems, and people. But it also means occasionally updating the packaging and pricing of our service to be commensurate with the cost of delivery. For 15 years DomainTools has been able to honor legacy individual membership pricing, but today we take an important step towards ensuring that all members continue to get the industry's best DNS data and toolsets. In 60 days, DomainTools will begin sunsetting all existing membership levels and add-ons and updating current customers to the packaging and pricing of our new Personal Membership.

The Personal Membership package adds four products that have never been offered before to individual members. Bulk Parsed Whois and Reverse Whois Research Mode ($1000 or more in value) have previously only been available to Enterprise members. We are also including our newest product, Reverse IP Whois, which works like our Reverse Whois for domain Whois, but across IP Whois records. And finally, Personal Membership includes 5 Domain Reports per month (a $245 value if purchased separately).

The price for Personal membership is $99/month or $995/year.

For our existing customers, use the special promo code UPGRADENOW for a discount of 30% off your first month (save $29.70) or first year (save $491.85 off 12 months). If you do not take action, your account will be automatically upgraded to the new pricing effective on your next billing cycle after June 25, 2016.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom