Domains valuation: search volume and CPC

IT.com

domaining123

Hello,

as a lot of people here, I use Google AdWords in order to valuate my domains, but I wonder what are your criteria in order to determine if a keyword is worth registering for .in/.co.in. What is the minimum local exact search volume (India), and minimum CPC to register a domain, according to you?

For me, it's a balance between local exact search volume, global exact search volume and CPC. For instance a keyword with respectively 50000/6000/$0.30 for global exact search volume, local exact search volume and CPC starts to be interesting.

What about your criteria?

I have a lot of domains with very low local exact searches and CPC. While the stats you mention are useful, I think ultimately how commercially useful a domain is would be the largest consideration.

With what Google is doing to the search results, the criteria of going for generic names with good Google adwords data is passe'. Google is not the same anymore and slowly becoming a garden with invisible walls.

My revised (post-2012) criteria for creating web domains is:
- short (up to 15 characters)
- memorable
- brand-able
- meaningful for the target audience
- pass radio/phone test
- no hyphens
- having 2 or 3 syllables (for example, inforum has 3 syllables)
and not necessarily in that order.

intuition

Indeed, but I prefer logical approaches when possible, I'm not very confident with my intuitions :)

I have a lot of domains with very low local exact searches and CPC. While the stats you mention are useful, I think ultimately how commercially useful a domain is would be the largest consideration.

I agree with you, these stats are just a way to find interesting domains, but not the only way nor the best one.

With what Google is doing to the search results, the criteria of going for generic names with good Google adwords data is passe'. Google is not the same anymore and slowly becoming a garden with invisible walls.

My revised (post-2012) criteria for creating web domains is:
- short (up to 15 characters)
- memorable
- brand-able
- meaningful for the target audience
- pass radio/phone test
- no hyphens
- having 2 or 3 syllables (for example, inforum has 3 syllables)
and not necessarily in that order.

In fact, I think that search volume gives a idea of how popular is an keyword or an expression. And CPC gives an idea of the competiton, and how companies are ready to pay to be visible on the net. I use AdWords to find niche domains for keywords I'm not familiar with.

If I take the exemple of RiskManagement, it is not a short domain, it is not brandable, it has more than 3 syllabes and if you are not familiar with this niche, it's hard to think about it:

ictkd2.png

domaining123, the google data (exact search) is better and its a good way to separate dictionary keywords from keywords that actually matter. I like it because generic domain names primarily can offset marketing/advertising spend, if developed and possibly ranks high on google.

I also agree that google is not the only reason for valuation, domain names that are memorable should be able to thrive on other social media outlets as well.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
anirudhkarl96
Top Bottom