DomainMarket.in

IT.com

Ace

Country flag
Hello Folks,

Whenever I get a inquiry via email for a .in domain, I sometimes lose on extracting the extra factor to increase the price of sale. To circumvent this, I have created a site on recent .in sales over the years. Been to several sites and spent reading each post to get the reported prices and domains. The cumulation of this effort can be seen at:

Indian Domain Market :: DomainMarket.in

The only/most interesting part of the site is:
Indian Domain Name Sales

Here, you will be able to see sales statistics of ~600 domains over 6 years in an easy to search layout.

The design is very crude and rudimentary as I am not an UI designer and I did not want to use a Database driven solution.

Hopefully, your guys can use this page while making your sales pitch to potential clients as I plan to use myself.

One last thing to add, this site was completely developed using Open-source/freeware software namely:

• Fedora 14 --> OS
  • Open office --> Compiling the statistics
  • Bash/awk --> Formatting and cleaning the numbers
  • Jquery & Jtoolbox--> Searchable Javascript table
--Ace

The List is very interesting and useful one but I found two style.in with two different prices, is it a mistake?:confused:

good job!!! nice to see. it may be difficult to manage with out DB, how did you manage this? xml data. (ACID)

A very good initiative, indeed, and augurs well for not only the .In domain market but domainers too.

Truly appreciate the effort.

good job!!! nice to see. it may be difficult to manage with out DB, how did you manage this? xml data. (ACID)

Didn't see this until today, actually I use a tsv file with OpenOffice that I convert to HTML using scripts.

Does the job I need. Ofcourse its not scalable if we have hundreds of .in domain sales per month, but in that case it is a nice problem to have :)

Great Website. Shows all the sales in an easy to look format. I bookmarked it and like it better than the big name/s domain sales pages (of course they cater to different .extns but their past sales pages all suck).

Sometimes the best solutions are simple solutions.

Cheers!

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom