Domain Questions???

IT.com

sachy24

I'm new to this domaining world and want to invest in domains.

I have a few questions rather confusions whether the domain value remains same, increases or decreases if i follow the below things.

1. when buying a .in domain is it necessary to target indian market or we can target the world market. [Ex: can the .in domain contain the word america]

2. How to self appraise a domain name before purchasing.

3. If the .com/.net/.info of the domain is not available but .org is available then what value can it fetch. [.net went for around 5k$]

4. when to sell a domain

5. Should I park the domain or create a small website.

6. how to check whether the name is trademarked or not

A lot of really good questions! You're wise to do your research before you start spending money.

1. when buying a .in domain is it necessary to target indian market or we can target the world market. [Ex: can the .in domain contain the word america]

It makes sense to target the Indian market, as that is really the point of the extension. Some people like to make hacks (e.g. cha.in for chain) but I don't think there is a lot of value in that.

2. How to self appraise a domain name before purchasing.

That's something you learn as you go along.

Spend some time going through the appraisals forum:
http://www.inforum.in/domain-appraisals/

Review previous domain sales to see what sells and at what prices:
Indian Domain Sales : Indian Domain Name Blog

3. If the .com/.net/.info of the domain is not available but .org is available then what value can it fetch. [.net went for around 5k$]

I don't think you can directly compare .in values with values of the same keyword in other extensions. There are too many differences between the two.

4. when to sell a domain

That's going to depend on your business plan. Some people buy to quickly flip; others buy as long term investments. Each plan has its advantages and disadvantages.

5. Should I park the domain or create a small website.

Depends how many domains you've got. If you've got a lot, there is no way to develop websites for all of them. It probably makes sense to put small websites up on the more valuable domains.

6. how to check whether the name is trademarked or not

http://www.inforum.in/legal-issues-dispute/2603-indias-trademarks-registry.html

i used google adwords tool.
I found a keyword for which .in domain is available. All other extentions except .name and .tel are gone.
So should i register that. It targets some other country

1. when buying a .in domain is it necessary to target indian market or we can target the world market. [Ex: can the .in domain contain the word america

It makes sense to target the Indian market, as that is really the point of the extension.

What many international companies and agencies do is register the .com, plus the cctld of the country they're targeting. For example VisitBritain uses VisitBritain.co.in to target the Indian market, VisitBritain.com.mx to target the Mexican market, and VisitBritain.co.uk to target those within Britain.

i used google adwords tool.
I found a keyword for which .in domain is available. All other extentions except .name and .tel are gone.
So should i register that. It targets some other country

That's really impossible to answer because each name is unique.

Maybe you can just register it and put it up for appraisal. If it turns out that it was a waste of money, consider that a tuition fee. I'm sure most members here, including myself, made lots of bad registrations when they were just starting out. Even today, I still make several bad registrations.

That's really impossible to answer because each name is unique.

Maybe you can just register it and put it up for appraisal. If it turns out that it was a waste of money, consider that a tuition fee. I'm sure most members here, including myself, made lots of bad registrations when they were just starting out. Even today, I still make several bad registrations.

Thank you, I will take that risk from March 1st :)

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom