Domain Parking Optimization

hosting

Hi,

I have searched the forum but couldn't find the info on the above topic.

What is the best way to optimize your domain name when its parked?

For e.g in Sedo you have a Master Keyword section and Related Links.

Assuming you have a domain called called Tax.xx

Would you put "Tax" as a master keyword - as a thumb rule YES - (but not necessary if it is not a popular term)

In the "Related Links" section would you put (assuming the master keyword is used as a first word as a combination) -

1) Calculator
2) Consultant
3) and so on...
4) .
5) .....

Or Would you use two word combination (including your Master Keyword?)

1) Tax Consultant
2) Tax Calulator
3) Tax Slab
4) and so on ....
5) .....

Or would you use three word combination (include/exclude your Master Keyword?)

1) Tax Consultant in place or 1) Consultant in place
2) Tax Calculator xxxxx or 2) Calculator xxxx
3) and so on ....
4) .....

I know some of you here have great experience in domaining and domain parking optimization.
I would appreciate if you could share your knowledge and give some tips the best way to optimize the parked domain.
Or would you just say use the permutation combination and learn yourself ;-)

Appreciate your help and thanks for sharing your experience.

Haresh

newyorkdude

I once had an email discussion with someone at Sedo about the suggested number of keywords. They thought the fewer the better. I can make a good argument why that suggestion doesn't make sense. My argument is the more keywords which appear on a page, the greater number of visitors. We didn't convince each other.

In any case, I had a number of parking pages at Sedo and experimented will all combinations of number of keywords. If it's any use, the result of my experiment was that nothing made the slightest difference. The number of visitors to my Sedo parking pages was weak and remained weak no matter how I played with keywords.

Maybe the problem is with the sites I had parked with Sedo at the time. Maybe they were all weak sites. If I repeated the same experiment with good domain names I might get different results.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
There are a number of things you can do.

While there is little you can do to improve traffic, you can improve conversions and CPC.

To improve CPC, I play with the Google Adwords Keyword Tool:
https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

Just do a search for your keyword, and see what similar keywords have the highest CPC. You can play around with this - sometimes there is even a substantial difference between a singular and a plural.

To improve conversion, you can also try different layouts and see what works best. Or, try the domain at a different parking company.

I haven't played around much with the related links, as I haven't really seen that making much difference.

Tucano

As I understand it, in Sedo, the Keyword (s) is linked to the ads appearing on you page. Therefore the keywords do not influence the number of unique visitors which will visit your pages but a good keyword can influence the conversion rate.
The problem seems to be more how to attract additional visitors to your pages. I personally have no direct answer to this last question

hosting

Thank you very much for your suggestions and tips. I will use google keyword tool and try to optimize the site.

Much appreciate... Thanks

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
Good luck with that! It's a bit of effort, but it can pay off if you're getting good traffic.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T What is Domain Parking and Domain Life Cycle in the Digital World? Parking 0
Prashant Sharan Edison Investment Research publishes report on CentralNic ; discusses domain parking business Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton talks about Domain Parking Resources 0
dibon Is domain parking still profitable? Parking 1
Irfan Shafi Which kind of earnings I can get from parking domain? Parking 8
Irfan Shafi Domain Parking Parking 4
ritchie Top domain parking companies Parking 1
Britney Can you make real money with Domain Parking? Development Options 4
domainking131 4 reasons domain development fails after successful domain parking The Lounge 0
C Handwriting.net PR 3 Domain ! 5,261 Parking Uniques $67.45 Revenue, Registered in 1997 Non-India Related Domains 1
domainking131 An interesting Google domain name parking patent application Non-Indian Domains 0
I How to increase the domain parking revenue? Auctions 0
I Domain parking sites can not easily make money For Sale 1
DomainVillas Parking Money.Com -Perfect Domain Name for Domain Parking Business- 14 Years Old External Auctions 1
CyberKing Rook Media has acquired domain name parking company DomainSponsor The Lounge 0
domainking131 Sedo for Domain Parking!! Resources 2
indy IndianAdvertisingNetwork.in - Self Domain Parking and Monetization Development Options 11
G The Power Of Domain Parking Parking 9
I Best Domain Parking Company General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
B SEO Domain Parking Solution Parking 0
D Need Domain Parking Suggestion. Kindly Help me out! Parking 1
ilovedomains Domain parking - Beta testers wanted for site launch For Sale / Advertising 0
S Adult Domain Parking Adult Domains 1
D ParkingAdvisors.com in auction on Sedo. - AMAZING name for a domain parking company. External Auctions 0
A Is it possible to earn by Domain parking? Parking 15
msdomains Which domain registrar and parking do you use? Parking 2
J Parking a Domain or Developing a Site? Parking 4
Jeff Google Enters Domain Parking Market Parking 6
A Domain Parking Parking 3
N Domain parking - Traffic Parking 5
T Domain Parking Parking 36
Prashant Sharan Very Funny and Yet Very Insightful: Alvin Brown talks domain investing with quirky Vikunth Navani Resources 0
Prashant Sharan ATTENTION REQUIRED !!! : PayPal brings in seller protection for domain name transactions Registrars 1
Prashant Sharan The interesting case of .bible domain name promoter going bust New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan The best of the best domain investing resources handpicked by James Iles Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Konstantinos Zournas find this book as the summer's best one on domain investing Resources 0
Prashant Sharan The pandemic brought in a surge in new domain registrations in April Registrars 0
T How To Find A Domain For Artists, Photographers and Performers? Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Alvin Brown talks to Riz Memon about flipping a travel-related domain for $15K Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Y Combinator founder's two cents to start ups on choosing domain names Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Adam Strong was into this business before venture into domain investing Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver on email solicitations for Trademark Domain Names Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Secondary players in the domain market might have suffered the brunt of coronavirus Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Escrow.com publishes Q2 2020 Domain Investment Index Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan End user domain sales Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Chinese Domains: Is .com a winner in the Chinese domain market ? Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver on advising someone close about buying domain names Resources 0
Prashant Sharan A developed .cn domain corresponding to your .com might not fetch a potential buyer for upgrade Resources 0
Prashant Sharan NameBio makes self submission of domain sales easier Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan End user domain sales Non-Indian Domains 0