Domain Name Conference in India Next Month

IT.com
Note: This post has been edited after more information.

One of the two organizers, Anshul Goel, posted this on his FB wall yesterday: "I am not in Dom Con". It seems that his name was incorrectly mentioned on the DomCon website, and he has nothing to do with the event.

Event organizer should have refrained from mentioning the name of a person without asking him.

Anshul is a respected domainer, and the press release in DNJournal unnecessarily tried to benefit from his image.

Last edited by a moderator:
Article on the link given in first post was updated by Ron ....Domain Name Journal - The Lowdown ...with following notes on start:

"Editor's Note: The original press release announcing this event stated that Anshul Goyal (of GuavaSofts.com and Email.biz) would be producing this conference with Nishank Yadav. Soon after publication Mr. Goyal informed us that he will not be involved in staging the event so the article has been updated accordingly."

This is really very sad, sincerely this kind of things will not carry good message to domainer's community outside India. It will carry negative message.

Organizer should take great care before going to public........such things really hurts......it will naturally effects others who are sincerely efforting to bring Indian Domainers community on world map.......For World Domain Day (WDD) - we wish you all the best for your next conference and hope at least your team will keep flag high......if any help require we are always here.

One of the two organizers posted this on his FB wall yesterday:

10472188_835376843202815_1826699208_n.jpg

A few hours later, DomCon.in website went down. With these intra-organizer tussles, DomCon seems to be going the DomainX way.

I sincerely hope they are able to resolve their dispute and work out a good event.

My best wishes are with them.

IMO, If this conference is not going to improve .IN's publicity and reach, i dont really care about it. Good luck to everyone involved.

Let people do what they have to! :cool:

Good luck organizer(s) :)

I second everyone's thought about getting along. I think India is at a very point in terms of its economy and there could be thousands if not lakhs of new domainers that can be added to existing pool, mere by bringing awareness. Not only with respect to .in domains, but .com and other gTLDs.

I would be happy to help out if I was in India, because getting India on the map is very close to my heart.

BTW, I'm sorry if I'm not too familiar with all the domainers in India, so pardon me if I'm totally ignorant, but wanted to ask who is "Nishank Yadav" . I have never heard about him before? Does he deal with .com domains or .in domains ?

I till now refrained from speaking about anything as I feel that I do not need to involve myself with petty people who need to utilize forums in order to pass on messages that they do not have the guts to directly convey.

Let me first address every message that was posted here before I do what I shall be doing soon enough. Mr.Bindal:

"One of the two organizers, Anshul Goel, posted this on his FB wall yesterday: "I am not in Dom Con". It seems that his name was incorrectly mentioned on the DomCon website, and he has nothing to do with the event.

Event organizer should have refrained from mentioning the name of a person without asking him.

Anshul is a respected domainer, and the press release in DNJournal unnecessarily tried to benefit from his image."

Anshul (FOR YOUR SO CALLED KNOWLEDGE, HIS NAME IS ANSHUL GOYAL)
wrote on his wall that he is not in DomCon, I can not anywhere see where he wrote "
that his name was incorrectly mentioned on the DomCon website" , take my advice, next time you believe something seems to be happening, keep it to yourself. "Without asking him" ,oh please, when you don't even know what's happening it would be better to zip it.

Why don't you also publicize as to why you edited the article so that we may all get an insight to that as well.

Editor's Note: The original press release announcing this event stated that Anshul Goyal (of GuavaSofts.com and Email.biz) would be producing this conference with Nishank Yadav. Soon after publication Mr. Goyal informed us that he will not be involved in staging the event so the article has been updated accordingly."

Let me make you understand what this means as it's clearly evident that you can't interpret plain simple English even after having graduated from BITS and then IIM .
What this means is that Anshul will not be involved, it does not mean that anything else which you so clearly tried to state, he has his own commitments and priorities which he must attend to and we both respect that. What we do in our lives is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, just to emphasize I shall rewrite it , NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS .

"
A few hours later, DomCon.in website went down. With these intra-organizer tussles, DomCon seems to be going the DomainX way."
DomCon.in went down as it was being redirected to DigitalCon.com(our new domain) and I sincerely hope that you know DNS changes cause a site to go down for a small duration of time.
And with regards to tussles and DOMAINX , I believe that too was a success , which is a testament to how strong of a bond we organizers share.

Soofi, or Jay, can tell you more about the DomainX , just in case you want to know how well that went.

For the next member Mitsu:

"such things really hurts"
I hope that you didn't get too "hurts" as I believe you know more about the story than me and I haven't even spoken to you once in person in my entire life, so you don't have any right to say anything about me.

While I like being diplomatic and never even thought of harming the "reputation"
of "others who are sincerely efforting<-(HIGHLIGHT) to bring Indian Domainers community on world map" these guys had to go on and spread unnecessary things.

For both of you,
Let's for a second assume that what you say is true, even though it's not because you have no idea of anything, even then you have absolutely no right whatsoever to go on and talk about DomCon or the Organizer(s) when you are not affiliated to them even in the tiniest way.
If you had spoken to me and then done something I would have still understood but then knowing your reputations in the industry, I couldn't have expected any more of you.

What I think, why Prakhar is so adamant on downsizing everything I do is because he can't bear the thought of anyone doing better than him in this scenario, now he may clearly try to rubbish that by making claims "Why would I be jealous, I've got a better business, better clientele, better sales and so on " but at the end of the day , he is, at least that's what I think. I don't really care as to what he has to say cause at the end of the day I'm still going to sleep peacefully at night but just had to clarify some things as this went to the extent of me getting to know some really ugly things happening behind my back.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom