Domain Investors Need To Learn Some Trademark Law

IT.com

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
Simply put if you are a serious domain investor, you need to know trademark law as it relates to domain names.

I’m not telling domainers to go to law school.

I’m also not telling domain investors to self-represent themselves and not seek out legal advice from established attorney’s who regularly practice in the domain/trademark space.

Actually I have had representation for the 10 UDRP’s we have been hit with since 1997. I would advise everyone who has a UDRP filed against them to have representation.

But you do need to have AT LEAST a basic knowledge of trademark law if your going to be a domain investor.

If you don’t know how to register a domain name you have no business being a domain investor.

Likewise trademark law is a pretty integral part of domain investing and if you don’t know anything about trademarks you are going to potentially get in trouble.

Here is a lot of information on trademark and legal side of things.

I totally agree with you. The point is as much as domain investors can/may hire legal help whenever necessary, having an idea of what it involves is key. I don't think acquainting yourself with sections of this law is demanding.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom