Does the website design matter?

IT.com

ritchie

In my opinion, viewers tend to judge a website merely by the way it looks and so you are able to generate more traffic just by having a good layout. Nonetheless, I think this doesn't stop there; there should be a deliberate effort to create good content.

Last edited:
Content is king, that's true, but content doesn't just mean text. Articles, blogs, forums, etc.... It also means what you're talking about.....the layout of a site.

Design matters a great deal. The first step towards conversions is getting people in. Content may be King, but design is the Queen that leads people to it.

Layout and design matter a great deal. There is no point having the best article in the world if no one can find it, or the text is too small to read it. With things like the three click rule, problems from the nineties like mystery meat navigation (you don't know where the navigation does until you click it), design seems to be one of those things that no one notice if it is done right. If it is done wrong, everyone will tell you...

I think it is all about having a good design with everything else you have mentioned. All of those factors are intertwined and you can not simply concentrate on one and ignore the other.

Good domain, great design establishes credibility. They will like, engage and share your content more helping you gain more traffic.

I have just started a web design company. We design awesome websites and blogs. Let me know if anyone needs it.

Good domain, great design establishes credibility. They will like, engage and share your content more helping you gain more traffic.

I have just started a web design company. We design awesome websites and blogs. Let me know if anyone needs it.
Very true; it is actually a combination of many things. I have just had a look at the links and I think you offer great affordability.Everyone needs to check that out.

In most niches, you just have to become an 'authority' if you ever hope to compete against the millions of other sites out there. That means you have to have expert knowledge on your site presented in a very professional manner, so site design is of the utmost importance.

Designing your website matters a lot and it has implications on the way you're going to generate traffic. For example, if you are interested in being a Google Adsense publisher, one of the reasons you may get disapproved by Google is this. I mean, if your website is not well designed, you cannot get Google Adsense approval.

Designing your website matters a lot and it has implications on the way you're going to generate traffic. For example, if you are interested in being a Google Adsense publisher, one of the reasons you may get disapproved by Google is this. I mean, if your website is not well designed, you cannot get Google Adsense approval.
You raise a really valid point and my question then would be, what criteria would Google use to determine how 'credible' a website is? The sole reason I ask people to be thorough when creating and designing websites is the fact that if you get it right the first time, you are good to go.

In my opinion, viewers tend to judge a website merely by the way it looks and so you are able to generate more traffic just by having a good layout. Nonetheless, I think this doesn't stop there; there should be a deliberate effort to create good content.

Like always, content will matter no mater what. But to humans, first impressions are what matter the most. And first impressions usually come from us seeing things and perceiving them in our unique way. That very well goes with web design as well. Seeing a nice site that has lots of good features along content is always gonna give a nice impression to people who come by. You just can't compare almost blank white website with only text to something that stands out with looks, elegance, good combination of text and images and such.

Like always, content will matter no mater what. But to humans, first impressions are what matter the most. And first impressions usually come from us seeing things and perceiving them in our unique way. That very well goes with web design as well. Seeing a nice site that has lots of good features along content is always gonna give a nice impression to people who come by. You just can't compare almost blank white website with only text to something that stands out with looks, elegance, good combination of text and images and such.
This is very true. There was this time when we were tasked with coming up with ideas for a website. The web designer did his part and we had the last word in as far as the layout was concerned. People didn't first appreciate it when we kept insisting that a good layout would create a good impression and increase traffic.They now appreciate our input because the website is doing really well.

It is true that the first impression is very important. As much the website layout is vital, so is the content because people visiting your website will always come back if there's something that catches their eye at the first instance.

Your website design matters so much and I'm not just saying this because I'm a designer. The site needs to be pleasant to the eye and capture the viewer's attention, while also still being easy for viewers to navigate.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom