Does the website design matter?

ritchie

In my opinion, viewers tend to judge a website merely by the way it looks and so you are able to generate more traffic just by having a good layout. Nonetheless, I think this doesn't stop there; there should be a deliberate effort to create good content.

Last edited:

Swisslist

Content is king, that's true, but content doesn't just mean text. Articles, blogs, forums, etc.... It also means what you're talking about.....the layout of a site.

Connected

Design matters a great deal. The first step towards conversions is getting people in. Content may be King, but design is the Queen that leads people to it.

Mallard

Layout and design matter a great deal. There is no point having the best article in the world if no one can find it, or the text is too small to read it. With things like the three click rule, problems from the nineties like mystery meat navigation (you don't know where the navigation does until you click it), design seems to be one of those things that no one notice if it is done right. If it is done wrong, everyone will tell you...

tulip

I think it is all about having a good design with everything else you have mentioned. All of those factors are intertwined and you can not simply concentrate on one and ignore the other.

domainerin

Country flag
Good domain, great design establishes credibility. They will like, engage and share your content more helping you gain more traffic.

I have just started a web design company. We design awesome websites and blogs. Let me know if anyone needs it.

marsh

Good domain, great design establishes credibility. They will like, engage and share your content more helping you gain more traffic.

I have just started a web design company. We design awesome websites and blogs. Let me know if anyone needs it.
Very true; it is actually a combination of many things. I have just had a look at the links and I think you offer great affordability.Everyone needs to check that out.

Britney

In most niches, you just have to become an 'authority' if you ever hope to compete against the millions of other sites out there. That means you have to have expert knowledge on your site presented in a very professional manner, so site design is of the utmost importance.

Designing your website matters a lot and it has implications on the way you're going to generate traffic. For example, if you are interested in being a Google Adsense publisher, one of the reasons you may get disapproved by Google is this. I mean, if your website is not well designed, you cannot get Google Adsense approval.

tulip

Designing your website matters a lot and it has implications on the way you're going to generate traffic. For example, if you are interested in being a Google Adsense publisher, one of the reasons you may get disapproved by Google is this. I mean, if your website is not well designed, you cannot get Google Adsense approval.
You raise a really valid point and my question then would be, what criteria would Google use to determine how 'credible' a website is? The sole reason I ask people to be thorough when creating and designing websites is the fact that if you get it right the first time, you are good to go.

Makefort

In my opinion, viewers tend to judge a website merely by the way it looks and so you are able to generate more traffic just by having a good layout. Nonetheless, I think this doesn't stop there; there should be a deliberate effort to create good content.
Like always, content will matter no mater what. But to humans, first impressions are what matter the most. And first impressions usually come from us seeing things and perceiving them in our unique way. That very well goes with web design as well. Seeing a nice site that has lots of good features along content is always gonna give a nice impression to people who come by. You just can't compare almost blank white website with only text to something that stands out with looks, elegance, good combination of text and images and such.

ritchie

Like always, content will matter no mater what. But to humans, first impressions are what matter the most. And first impressions usually come from us seeing things and perceiving them in our unique way. That very well goes with web design as well. Seeing a nice site that has lots of good features along content is always gonna give a nice impression to people who come by. You just can't compare almost blank white website with only text to something that stands out with looks, elegance, good combination of text and images and such.
This is very true. There was this time when we were tasked with coming up with ideas for a website. The web designer did his part and we had the last word in as far as the layout was concerned. People didn't first appreciate it when we kept insisting that a good layout would create a good impression and increase traffic.They now appreciate our input because the website is doing really well.

tulip

It is true that the first impression is very important. As much the website layout is vital, so is the content because people visiting your website will always come back if there's something that catches their eye at the first instance.

Mikhaela

Your website design matters so much and I'm not just saying this because I'm a designer. The site needs to be pleasant to the eye and capture the viewer's attention, while also still being easy for viewers to navigate.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan ESPN does away with “ESPN Slaughter” website Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Kassey Lee : Does your domain have a genuine end user prospect ? Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Does ICANN have the nerves to handle Whois access role? Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: Does a domain with a great backlink profile make it less of a TM risk? Resources 0
Prashant Sharan ICANN does not want to divulge more info on .org deal Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Does California attorney general’s probe represent an existential crisis for ICANN? Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Does Adam Dicker owe you money? Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan BEST options according to Morgan Linton if your company does not have a .com Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Verisign does not give a damn about domain investors Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Element AI does it better than Healthy.io New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: Domain age does not impact SEO Resources 2
Prashant Sharan How much does a domain cost – And why? Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Respondent in the UDRP case against the RosettaStone.app does to US court Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver: Strong Registration Numbers Does Not Equal Strong Aftermarket Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: More people should respond to domain offers like Shane does Resources 0
Prashant Sharan A new milestone: GoDaddy does $3 billion bookings in 2018 Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Create an SPF record to show that your domain does NOT send email Resources 0
D Does anyone do any link building for their websites? Webmaster Forum 1
D Why does Indian government not treat the canadian prime minister well? The Lounge 1
JulienJ Does My Domain Suck – Episode #2 Resources 0
JulienJ Does My Domain Suck – Episode 1! Resources 0
JulienJ ONLINE JOBS – DOES COUNTRY CODE EVEN MATTER? The Lounge 0
JulienJ Estibot does a lot more than domain appraisals – here’s three of my favorite features Domain Appraisals 0
JulienJ Does the Domain Industry Suffer From Own Versions of Trumpted “Fake News” Stories? The Lounge 0
JulienJ Outbound Marketing For Your Domain Business – Does It Even Make Sense? The Lounge 0
domainking131 Does Bitcoin Really Need Wall Street? Cryptocurrencies 0
A How does one make sure there are no trademark infringements? Non-Indian Domains 9
domainking131 Does the page load time of a landing page impact the number of inbound offers you get? Webmaster Forum 0
Kimla Does word of mouth really work? Marketing Your Website 6
Roshni How much does it cost? Parking 6
Simone How does re-targeting work? Webmaster Forum 6
Swisslist How Does Google Effect The Business Of Buying And Selling? Business and Economy 5
DNJournal.com Schwartz Does it Again - 801K Sale of 3-Digit .Com Gives Him Week's Top Sale & 2 of Year's Top 3 The Lounge 0
domainking131 Rick Schwartz does it again - this time with NNN .com Non-Indian Domains 0
DNJournal.com Half Million Dollar Mark Breached Again - Two-Letter .Com Does the Trick This Time The Lounge 0
domainking131 "Elequa" Does that ring a bell? The domains are out! Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Michael Berkens does it again: Sells 28 character domain for $10,000 Non-Indian Domains 1
domainking131 How does article spinning software work?? Webmaster Forum 0
D Why ecommerce in India does not grow Indian Websites and Start-ups 5
chiragagarwal Lets see what .co domain does CBSE.CO Domain Appraisals 2
T Does anyone have any evidence of...... General Indian Domain Name Discussion 12
R mhow.com - does it sound a good name? Non-Indian Domains 2
the_poet 2nd highest usage of Google+ is from India. What does this mean for .IN? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 3
the_poet How much does it cost to restore a .IN domain which is "pending delete restorable"? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 7
Jeff Who Does Header Design? Webmaster Forum 1
R How does Remote Desktop affect local search results ? Webmaster Forum 3
P Qualities.in Does it have any Quality?? Domain Appraisals 1
D SEO: Does TLD/Extension affect Search Ranking? Webmaster Forum 8
R domainersarticle.com does have any worth? Domain Appraisals 1
msdomains iTrader - what does it mean? The Lounge 4