Does the page load time of a landing page impact the number of inbound offers you get?

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
The short answer is – yes. As with most things in life, people are busy and the amount of time someone has to wait directly relates to sales. In the apparel world retailers see this happen in-store all the time, long lines at dressing rooms usually means less sales or less items purchased on average. On a website it means less conversions, and when it comes to getting inbound offers on domain names it means, well, less offers.

I have been testing out a new service for landing pages on some of my domain names called Efty. Overall I have been pretty happy with the service, it’s easy to customize your landing pages and they some great design options. While I think the backend is a little clunky from a UX perspective, honestly the level of customization it provides is better than anything I’ve used before.

Here’s the problem. Since I’ve been using the service I’ve seen my inbound offers drop by quite a bit. So I started to look deeper into the landing pages, was it the text I was using? Maybe the landing page template? None of those seemed like the culprit. Then I noticed, hmmmm, it is taking quite a while for these pages to load.

So I did a test and found that it was taking between 8s – 12s on average for my landing pages to load, here’s an example below:

Source

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan Does BrandBucket or Squadhelp approval make your domain more liquid ? Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Kassey Lee : Does your domain have a genuine end user prospect ? Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Does ICANN have the nerves to handle Whois access role? Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: Does a domain with a great backlink profile make it less of a TM risk? Resources 0
Prashant Sharan ICANN does not want to divulge more info on .org deal Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Does California attorney general’s probe represent an existential crisis for ICANN? Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Does Adam Dicker owe you money? Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan BEST options according to Morgan Linton if your company does not have a .com Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Verisign does not give a damn about domain investors Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Element AI does it better than Healthy.io New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: Domain age does not impact SEO Resources 2
Prashant Sharan How much does a domain cost – And why? Resources 0
Prashant Sharan ESPN does away with “ESPN Slaughter” website Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Respondent in the UDRP case against the RosettaStone.app does to US court Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver: Strong Registration Numbers Does Not Equal Strong Aftermarket Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: More people should respond to domain offers like Shane does Resources 0
Prashant Sharan A new milestone: GoDaddy does $3 billion bookings in 2018 Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Create an SPF record to show that your domain does NOT send email Resources 0
D Does anyone do any link building for their websites? Webmaster Forum 1
D Why does Indian government not treat the canadian prime minister well? The Lounge 1
JulienJ Does My Domain Suck – Episode #2 Resources 0
JulienJ Does My Domain Suck – Episode 1! Resources 0
JulienJ ONLINE JOBS – DOES COUNTRY CODE EVEN MATTER? The Lounge 0
JulienJ Estibot does a lot more than domain appraisals – here’s three of my favorite features Domain Appraisals 0
JulienJ Does the Domain Industry Suffer From Own Versions of Trumpted “Fake News” Stories? The Lounge 0
JulienJ Outbound Marketing For Your Domain Business – Does It Even Make Sense? The Lounge 0
domainking131 Does Bitcoin Really Need Wall Street? Cryptocurrencies 0
A How does one make sure there are no trademark infringements? Non-Indian Domains 9
Kimla Does word of mouth really work? Marketing Your Website 6
Roshni How much does it cost? Parking 6
Simone How does re-targeting work? Webmaster Forum 6
ritchie Does the website design matter? Webmaster Forum 14
Swisslist How Does Google Effect The Business Of Buying And Selling? Business and Economy 5
DNJournal.com Schwartz Does it Again - 801K Sale of 3-Digit .Com Gives Him Week's Top Sale & 2 of Year's Top 3 The Lounge 0
domainking131 Rick Schwartz does it again - this time with NNN .com Non-Indian Domains 0
DNJournal.com Half Million Dollar Mark Breached Again - Two-Letter .Com Does the Trick This Time The Lounge 0
domainking131 "Elequa" Does that ring a bell? The domains are out! Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Michael Berkens does it again: Sells 28 character domain for $10,000 Non-Indian Domains 1
domainking131 How does article spinning software work?? Webmaster Forum 0
D Why ecommerce in India does not grow Indian Websites and Start-ups 5
chiragagarwal Lets see what .co domain does CBSE.CO Domain Appraisals 2
T Does anyone have any evidence of...... General Indian Domain Name Discussion 12
R mhow.com - does it sound a good name? Non-Indian Domains 2
the_poet 2nd highest usage of Google+ is from India. What does this mean for .IN? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 3
the_poet How much does it cost to restore a .IN domain which is "pending delete restorable"? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 7
Jeff Who Does Header Design? Webmaster Forum 1
R How does Remote Desktop affect local search results ? Webmaster Forum 3
P Qualities.in Does it have any Quality?? Domain Appraisals 1
D SEO: Does TLD/Extension affect Search Ranking? Webmaster Forum 8
R domainersarticle.com does have any worth? Domain Appraisals 1