Do You Ever Buy Typo Domains?

IT.com

Ceres

I'm not really a fan of typo domains, but I'm curious to learn if other people are.

Do you ever buy typo domains, and are you able to monetise them? Btw, I'm talking about generic domain names (not trademarked domains).

Of course the other question is have you ever accidentally registered a typo domain? :p

I am not a fan of them either, although it would be tempting to own some of the high traffic ones ;-)

The only kind of typos I have are "deliberate" ones that I feel might be brandable, e.g. itechnologys.com.

I've accidentally registered a couple typo's, but thankfully, that was back before tasting got killed and I could grace delete them.

As far as owning typo names on purpose- I agree with Euroflash that there would be a temptation to own a high traffic example (as long as it generated the right kind of ROI on parking), and I almost bought a REALLY good one at one time, but I've always thought that typos of established brands were towards the blacker end of the gray area, which is the sort of thing I've always avoided. As far as typo's of generic keywords where you would only be going after the 'curiosity navigators' who made a particular typo when direct navigating, no. I actually own .com IranB, which is a proximity typo for "Iran" and it does get minimal traffic (less than 50 type-ins per month, more when Iran is at the top of the news reports), but I didn't buy it for it's properties as a typo.

I buy domains mainly for their qualities as desirable eRealEstate upon which a business or content vehicle can be built. Obviously, typos don't fit anywhere into this strategy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Such domain consist of each of the common set of typos to it and then check the availablity of that typo. These methods include:
Letter swapping
Look alikes (the letter l and the number 1)
Extra or missing hyphen

But I am skeptic about it.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom