Do parked domains show up in search?

IT.com

gentlesavage

I'm curious if parked domains show up in search. I've seen what looks like parked pages in a search engine. However, I've never been able to find my own parked domains in a search engine. Any idea?

--Chris

From what I understand, search engines will not index parked pages (or if they do, they will bury it in the results). If you see a parked page indexed, my guess is the website recently changed or the owner is trying to trick the search engines!

Last edited by a moderator:
An example, I went to google india and typed in microprocessor in the search bar. The first website to come up was microprocessor.com which looks like a parked page. Here is the link: microprocessor.com

An example, I went to google india and typed in microprocessor in the search bar. The first website to come up was microprocessor.com which looks like a parked page. Here is the link: microprocessor.com

It probably slipped through the cracks somehow. It will probably disappear once the search engines catch on... Search engines do not view parked domains as relevant results for their users.

Parked domains do occasionally slip through, as I've seen Google inadvertently show parked domains on Google news.

Yes, Google tries not to index parking pages, but many of them still do end up being indexed.

Back from looking at your other thread - I'm guessing that it would be really easy to rank microprocessor.in in Google India given how well the parked page is ranking and the other competition. You could put up a mini-site, get a few links and see what happens. I don't think you'd make a lot of money, but it should be an easy low $xx per month.

I have come across a lot of generic names getting indexed by google..however, none of my domains have ever got indexed..also, the point about there being a website previously, is true..if you have removed your website and parked it with any provider recently, it is still shown in the search engine results..till the time the search engine indexes your website again..

I'm just updating this thread so we can see what happened to the parked domain we were discussing. Now when you search for "Microprocessor" you will see that the domain Microprocessor.com has disappeared from the SERPs and/or is buried way down in the SERPs (it doesn't appear in the first 10 pages).

If content is added to the site and it is no longer parked, the results will likely change.

Well, my parked domains are indexed and more domains which are under my portfolio are being indexed.
THis is true that parked domains are generally not indexed but a few cases are there (certainly, I am talking of few permanent cases.) BTW, google is changing its search algorithm and some day, it may bring parked pages in its serp giving love to domainers :)

Well, my parked domains are indexed and more domains which are under my portfolio are being indexed.
THis is true that parked domains are generally not indexed but a few cases are there (certainly, I am talking of few permanent cases.) BTW, google is changing its search algorithm and some day, it may bring parked pages in its serp giving love to domainers :)

Google is not intentionally giving such love to parked domains. :p

But I have seen cases in which optimised parked pages are easily indexed, not sure though as that might be temporary. Whatever be the case, if you have a generic domain name, the end users would easily get it on the first page of google by just putting some content.

Some of my LLL.ins are indexed on google.co.in(while searching under INdian pages),but not on google.com,so i figure the keyword relevance with the extension plays a role.

1 or 2 of my 2 keyword .coms are indexed on yahoo because some clicks show the referrer was yahoo..

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom