Do Domain Names and Bitcoin overlap? Rick thinks yes, Konstantinos thinks no

IT.com

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
Last night, legendary domain name investor Rick Schwartz tweeted about how surprised he is that more people don’t see the connection between domain names and Bitcoin. To which, Konstantinos from OnlineDomain.com chimed in to say that he doesn’t see an overlap – just competition for the same dollars.

The debate continued quite a bit on Twitter with Michael Berkens, another legendary domain name investor and publisher of the popular domain blog TheDomains.com weighed in to share his two cents. Then Andrew Rosner, founder of MediaOptions, a popular domain brokerage firm joined in as the topic changed course to discuss whether it’s okay to write about Bitcoin on a domain blog.

Source

I don't think that they overlap. However, I think that the kind of personality that is interested in domains is also going to be interested in cryptocurrencies.

By Rick's logic, bitcoins and any other random business also overlap.

What I mean is, he seems to think that because you can potentially buy a domain with Bitcoin if the domain owner has it set up that way, you can do the same with any other business that has Bitcoin as a payment option.

Other than that, I'm not seeing any correlation at all. Bitcoin is an alternative currency. What is a domain an alternative to?

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom