Disorganized portfolio can cost you in a few ways

IT.com

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
Having a disorganized portfolio specially when you are trading in volumes of domain names may cost you a fortune.
One of such cases was shared by a Domainer who lost some money instead of making some, on a flip just because he accepted an offer for a domain which he did not own.
He had to buy the domain back and then sell it at the price confirmed.

Here is what he has to say:

"I just sold a domain at GoDaddy which I had dropped and it was picked up by HugeDomains. Had to go and buy the domain back from HugeDomains. Lost about $300 on the whole transaction. I’m usually super-careful about checking I still own the domain when negotiating a price at GoDaddy. This one seemed to have slipped thru the net. I actually went through the negotiations, accepted a counter-offer, went to Dynadot to transfer it back to GoDaddy, and found I didn’t own it any longer. Gulp!

I was on my first and final warning from GoDaddy about this. I never actually sold another domain. I got the enquiry, checked the whois, made a counter offer of $1M and told them I didn’t own the domain anymore. Please check the whois for the new owner. Seems the buyer didn’t like the counter-offer and reported it to GoDaddy. So now if I get an offer on a domain I no longer own, I just let the offer expire, and then quietly delete the domain."

Here is a great article on the dire consequences of disorganized portfolio is Domaining.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom