Difference between a known service and those not known.

IT.com

Postman

I have been long looking into domaining. I know that the best registrar for domain is Godaddy but the price is too big. What is the difference between a known domain registration site and those like of that Name.com?

I've never heard bad things about Name.com, but heard lots of bad things about Godaddy.com.

If you search around the web, there are always good Godaddy coupons around that reduce the price of domains a lot - often below or only slightly above $7.

As a domainer, you'll probably need an account with both of them (and all major registrars).

I don't see anything wrong with keeping most of your domains at Name.com.

I've not had any bad luck with any of the smaller domain registrars. I don't have a lot of experience with domains, but I've used GoDaddy and Name.com with no troubles.

If I register a domain on Name.com, what can I expect about their service?

I got my first domain on Bluehost, but now that I’m thinking of entering the domain market, I’m thinking of buying from outside my host.

Why should I need to register on all major registrars?

I've never had a problem at Name.com, so I have no clue how their service is.

It's generally not a good idea to register your domain name through your host - best to go to a registrar directly.

As for what you need - a credit card is probably enough.

Professional registrants use professional services

Price is not too big at GoDaddy if you use their domain club, which cuts it to around $7 for a dot com. One annual fee of $90 and unlimited registrations. Otherwise, it is like camel's nose under tent. One discount for initial registration, and then full price every time after that.

I mostly use BulkRegister (BR), cuz of ease of use. Their magic folders cut the time it takes to manage large numbers of similar domains. At BR they are not trying to sell you things at every turn. I've never had an issue with their lookup data being insecure. BR is for professional registrants. Ease of transfer out is much better than GoDaddy, especially after you've just sold a domain. GoDaddy has lock-ins and other nonsense.

BR also uses DLS for single registrations, compressing primary and secondary markets into one. Good for sellers. Good for buyers.

I have been long looking into domaining. I know that the best registrar for domain is Godaddy but the price is too big. What is the difference between a known domain registration site and those like of that Name.com?

i think that there is no really difference between known and unknown domains. but then Godaddy maybe too expensive because it is well known and many people trust this domain.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom