Difference between a known service and those not known.

Postman

I have been long looking into domaining. I know that the best registrar for domain is Godaddy but the price is too big. What is the difference between a known domain registration site and those like of that Name.com?

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
I've never heard bad things about Name.com, but heard lots of bad things about Godaddy.com.

If you search around the web, there are always good Godaddy coupons around that reduce the price of domains a lot - often below or only slightly above $7.

As a domainer, you'll probably need an account with both of them (and all major registrars).

I don't see anything wrong with keeping most of your domains at Name.com.

NVnone

I've not had any bad luck with any of the smaller domain registrars. I don't have a lot of experience with domains, but I've used GoDaddy and Name.com with no troubles.

Postman

If I register a domain on Name.com, what can I expect about their service?

I got my first domain on Bluehost, but now that I’m thinking of entering the domain market, I’m thinking of buying from outside my host.

Why should I need to register on all major registrars?

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
I've never had a problem at Name.com, so I have no clue how their service is.

It's generally not a good idea to register your domain name through your host - best to go to a registrar directly.

As for what you need - a credit card is probably enough.

DomainWalla

Country flag
Professional registrants use professional services

Price is not too big at GoDaddy if you use their domain club, which cuts it to around $7 for a dot com. One annual fee of $90 and unlimited registrations. Otherwise, it is like camel's nose under tent. One discount for initial registration, and then full price every time after that.

I mostly use BulkRegister (BR), cuz of ease of use. Their magic folders cut the time it takes to manage large numbers of similar domains. At BR they are not trying to sell you things at every turn. I've never had an issue with their lookup data being insecure. BR is for professional registrants. Ease of transfer out is much better than GoDaddy, especially after you've just sold a domain. GoDaddy has lock-ins and other nonsense.

BR also uses DLS for single registrations, compressing primary and secondary markets into one. Good for sellers. Good for buyers.

Mei

I have been long looking into domaining. I know that the best registrar for domain is Godaddy but the price is too big. What is the difference between a known domain registration site and those like of that Name.com?
i think that there is no really difference between known and unknown domains. but then Godaddy maybe too expensive because it is well known and many people trust this domain.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JulienJ The Difference Between Pending Delete And Pre Release Domains Resources 0
J Difference between marketing & selling Marketing Your Website 2
domainking131 Difference Between Price, Value: How to Assess an ICO Cryptocurrencies 0
domainking131 The difference between domainers and cybersquatters Non-Indian Domains 0
Host.co.in Difference between an SSL certificate and a Wildcard SSL certificate Webmaster Forum 2
H What is the difference between shared SSL and private SSL? Webmaster Forum 2
H What is the difference between Linux and Windows hosting? Webmaster Forum 4
anonym Can any friend analyze difference between .in and .co.in? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
D Difference in renewal pricing of .in domain names at Resellerclub Registrars 3
W India: The news that makes a real difference The Lounge 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton on maintaining balance between BIN, Make Offer, Price Upon Request Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver: The fight between BIN or Accept Offers and Leads Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Connection between the .Org deal and ICANN Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan The transition of .blog between registry back-end providers wasn't smooth New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan Domain packages begins to fill the gap between sales of individual domains & entire portfolios Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Rick Swartz's list of 33 Domain Name Sales between 1999-2019 Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: There’s an interesting debate going on between Andrew and Theo on Twitter Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Sedo sales report: Domain names sold between 3/11/2019 – 3/17/2019 topped by Vivlio.com Resources 0
Prashant Sharan The connection between Blockchain and Domain Names!! Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Sedo sales report : Domain names sold between 4th Feb,2019 and 10th Feb, 2019 topped by PWA.com Resources 0
Prashant Sharan The similarity between ClearBank .CO and matching .COM UDRP decision Legal Issues and Dispute 0
owl Dot-com web addresses prices to swell, thanks to sweetheart deal between Uncle Sam, Verisign Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Read & Comment: The tussle between .com and the new gTLDs New GTLDs 0
K Switching themes between sites Development Options 1
domainking131 .NYC releases 3,800 premium domains costing between $250 and $5,000 New GTLDs 1
domainking131 Fuzzy Line between domainer and end user prices Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Vixie Calls For Cooling-Off Period Between Domain Registration And Going Live Non-Indian Domains 0
L [3 Days Left] Seoadvice.info - Perfect Matching Between Name And .info External Auctions 2
CyberKing App Indexing - Google aims to bridge gap between apps and web (search) The Lounge 0
Jeff If you joined INForum.in between 16 April and 1 May... The Lounge 0
Ceres Similarities and differences between US and Indian entrepreneurs Indian Websites and Start-ups 5
johnnywj 3 character .net | Prices between $8 to $15 | Non-India Related Domains 0
johnnywj Dutch-Devil.nl | Between $1 to $2 day in revenue | Non-India Related Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver: Vivid should add “Money” to its branding, and either be known as Vivid Money or Vivid.Money New GTLDs 0
A What extensions in India are the most well known? Indian Websites and Start-ups 0
Ceres INDRP & Well-known trademarks Legal Issues and Dispute 1