Did Amazon acquire Prime.com?

IT.com

JulienJ

In what might be a sign of a sale, the valuable Prime.com domain name has transferred to MarkMonitor, Inc., according to Whois records at DomainTools. Prime.com is now registered to DNStination Inc., the privacy proxy service operated by the corporate domain registrar. At the time of publication, Prime.com does not resolve to any website.

For many years, Prime.com had been registered under privacy at Fabulous. According to Screenshots.com, Prime.com had been used in a variety of ways over the years. The most recent entry (from 2016) shows that Prime.com was used for pay per click advertising. I am not sure how it had been used in the last year since the most recent screenshot was captured.

Ordinarily I wouldn’t write about a domain transfer like this, but because the name is now registered at a corporate brand protection service, it could be the first sign of a major domain name acquisition. I think the most obvious suitor for Prime.com is Amazon, with its popular Prime service. Last year on Prime Day, I wrote about Prime.com and suggested that Amazon acquire the domain name. Prime.com had been for sale in the past with a seven figure price tag, and if anything, the price likely increased since that time. I think Amazon would benefit the most from owning Prime.com, but this would be a killer name for any company called Prime.

Source

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
anirudhkarl96
Top Bottom