Diamond.com sold

IT.com

JulienJ

It looks like one of the most valuable domain names has changed hands. Diamond.com recently had a registrant change, and it appears as if the domain name was sold. In 2006, Diamond.com reportedly sold for $7.5 million. According to NameBio, the $7.5 million sale is the eight largest public domain name sale of all time.

Prior to the recent Whois change approximately a week ago, the domain name had been owned by a Montreal-based company. It appears to be the same entity that has owned it since the sale in 2006. The domain name is now registered to a different entity located in Toronto called Gonumerical Ltd.

When you visit Diamond.com, you can see a very limited “coming soon” page, so it is not clear how the domain name will be used going forward. I did a Google search to learn more about Gonumerical Ltd., and I found a press release about a recent funding round. Perhaps Diamond.com will be used for something related to cryptocurrency. Interestingly, it appears that company does business as CoinSquare, and it looks like the CEO is someone named Cole Diamond.

In 2016, I reported that Diamond.com was listed for sale via GoDaddy. At that time, the domain name had a minimum bid of $1 million. I am pretty sure the domain name was not sold via GoDaddy.

Source

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom