Developing Vodka.in

IT.com

Grigio

I just bought Vodka.in for 1159 dollar!!!

I want to develop this domain to be a great website...

Please tell me what type or idea you suggested to do on Vodka.in???

Hello Grigio, welcome to INForum.

Nice domain you purchased. ;)

The domain has obvious end user potential (eg. a vodka company). I wonder if it makes more sense to just hold on to the domain to eventually sell to an end user (rather than developing it)? The reason being I'm not sure how easy it will be to actually monetise this site by way of development. Let's say the site provided listings of bars and clubs in India where you'd likely buy vodka - I don't know that such places will be willing to pay to have their venue listed on your site. Do you have any particular ideas in mind regarding development?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Grigio, welcome to INForum.

Nice domain you purchased. ;)

The domain has obvious end user potential (eg. a vodka company). I wonder if it makes more sense to just hold on to the domain to eventually sell to an end user (rather than developing it)? The reason being I'm not sure how easy it will be to actually monetise this site by way of development. Let's say the site provided listings of bars and clubs in India where you'd likely buy vodka - I don't know that such places will be willing to pay to have their venue listed on your site. Do you have any particular ideas in mind regarding development?

First Thank you for the hospitality.
I see 2 options -

1. Contact Vodka.com and maybe do something together.
2. Develop a nice website.

I don't know yet what kind of development i will do.
There are a lot of options and first i need to do some research and thinking.

Again Thank you for your comment.

Congratulations on the purchase! I think you've got a great deal and a great domain.

I think that the previous owner had a website on it - perhaps you can talk to him and see what worked and what didn't work and look at the traffic stats. He is a member here.

However, this strikes me as a domain that's best just to hold onto and wait for the right end user to come around. I don't think that a typical webmaster type website on the domain will have much influence over what an end user is willing to pay for this domain (although a website may be a nice source of income for you).

Congratulations on the purchase! I think you've got a great deal and a great domain.

I think that the previous owner had a website on it - perhaps you can talk to him and see what worked and what didn't work and look at the traffic stats. He is a member here.

However, this strikes me as a domain that's best just to hold onto and wait for the right end user to come around. I don't think that a typical webmaster type website on the domain will have much influence over what an end user is willing to pay for this domain (although a website may be a nice source of income for you).

Hi Jeff !
First i want to thank you for a great Forum that covering the Indian Domains World.
You right the previous owner had a website on Vodka.in also before i purchase the domain i already did all the checks for traffic or back links and keywords...
I will take my time on this domain and i will think a lot before doing anything with the development process.

Again thank you Jeff for a great Forum, i really think Indian Domain Names are great long term investment.

Congrats Grigio, You got a gem for cheap..

I agree with your first option, contacting Vodka.com.

My Idea is :

First build an informational portal about Vodka stuff

These are the exact google searches from India :

vodka
smirnoff vodka
absolute vodka
vodka cocktails
vodka drinks
grey goose vodka
vodka bottle
belvedere vodka
ciroc vodka
finlandia vodka
skyy vodka
russian vodka
vodka drink
vodka cocktail
vodka recipes
calories in vodka
chopin vodka
sky vodka
stolichnaya vodka
ketel one vodka
eristoff vodka
danzka vodka
expensive vodka
french vodka
pravda vodka
vanilla vodka
kalashnikov vodka
polish vodka
potato vodka
stoli vodka
vodka pictures
vodka prices
vodka wine
vox vodka
26000 vodka
360 vodka
about vodka
american vodka
bacardi vodka
best vodka
beyond vodka
buy vodka
chilli vodka
chilly vodka
class vodka
classic vodka
different vodka
dq vodka
famous vodka
finest vodka
flavored vodka
fling vodka
german vodka
gin vodka
good vodka
gorbachow vodka
indian vodka
international vodka
latest vodka
level vodka
magic vodka
new vodka
organic vodka
oval vodka
popular vodka
premium vodka
quarter vodka
rain vodka
red vodka
romano vodka
russia vodka
simranoff vodka
smiroff vodka
smrinoff vodka
sobieski vodka
straight vodka
svedka vodka
swiss vodka
top vodka
toss vodka
ultimat vodka
uv vodka
vodka ad
vodka ads
vodka advertising
vodka alcohol
vodka association
vodka brand
vodka brands
vodka categories
vodka causes
vodka combination
vodka combinations
vodka companies
vodka company
vodka contents
vodka cost
vodka effect
vodka fire
vodka harmful
vodka health
vodka history
vodka image
vodka images
vodka india
vodka information
vodka ingredients
vodka label
vodka liquor
vodka list
vodka logo
vodka manufacture
vodka manufacturing
vodka martini
vodka meaning
vodka means
vodka mix
vodka name
vodka names
vodka online
vodka orange
vodka origin
vodka pdf
vodka peg
vodka photo
vodka photos
vodka pic
vodka pics
vodka picture
vodka ppt
vodka preparation
vodka price
vodka promotion
vodka rate
vodka rates
vodka recipe
vodka review
vodka reviews
vodka rum
vodka types
vodka uk
vodka video
vodka website
vodka whiskey
vodka whisky
vodka wikipedia
vodka with
why vodka
wyborowa vodka
zubrowka vodka

Build good content, Get Rank 1 for the keyword Vodka in google.co.in search. End users will knock your door.

Wish you good luck.

Regards,
Neo.

Great Domain Grigio!

You are going the right way!

The Key is to buying Premium generic dot.in from the Aftermarket!
This is the way to go now!
I have started regging Indian dot.in Domains 2,5years ago.
Some Domains are 50 times more valuable now!
This is best evidence for me that it was the right decision to invest in Indian Domains and I will not Stop!

The interest in dot.in is increasing steady and overtake .info at "google insight"
in 2009:
Google Trend

I think it will be hard to monetize Vodka.in,
I got some nice offers from a Russian Domain Investor Group 1Year ago.
They should be interested for sure;)!

Good Luck
Thomas

Thank you guys for all the great comments...I really appreciate all of that.

I think it is a great idea to make a great website that will rank very very high in Google.co.in and then i will get a huge amount of traffic.

Of course it not will be easy to build a site like this but i am ready for the challenge.

MY 2 cents. Name ONE .in which is as good as 1/10th of the best dot com?

You got it real cheap. Sell it at 10x - 100x to a company thats in liquor production.

Unless you are planning to sell rare premium vodka (if there is any like wine) your community of vodka drinkers or a listing of vodka bars or vodka recipes rarely stand a chance to get u <<EASY>> 100k $

I'm not saying you cant make, i'm saying the company with deep pockets that is in the vodka business will monetize it well... hell they may just purchase it for the branding opportunity !

Vodka.in - are you IN or are you OUT?

hey congrats on winning the name,
Making a proper website will definitely raise the profile of this domain if done right,
a website will be the best sales letter if you ever plan to sell it later on so take that into consideration when designing a site. Minimalism & focus on great design is definitely the key. I would treat it is as a billboard, a place where all the major vodka brands could advertise their products, sponsorship events, nightclub listings, contests,...you could throw in fashion to the mix, and later on online shopping if you have the resources and have built traffic around it.

How big is alcohol consumption in India, is vodka popular, vodka cocktails? I would assume if it's not big it will be only be on the rise.

anyways good luck

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom