Developing a domain into a business - Marketing with No money

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
Michael Gilmour of WhizzBangsBlog plans to market his new sci-fi book without spending any money.

He shares some of the techniques such as marketing using Friends and Family and also using wider business contact.

The plan that he discusses in detail may be found here

oldwriter

Thanks for sharing. I know for a fact it is possible to succeed on the internet without investing a single penny for advertising.

Of course, you have to invest in hosting and your domain name, but with the low prices that exist in the field of shared hosting and the great offers available today to purchase a cheap VPS, starting a business on the internet is quite economical even for modest budgets.

Moreover, if you really want begin in 2016, you can try with one of the $ 0.88 domains offered at namecheap.com for certain new extensions, renewing only the sites that are successful enough to fend for themselves in 2017 :)

With cheap hosting and cheap domain names available, this is a good time to venture into the business.

Revel

Thank you for posting this link, I am looking over it now and it seems to be very informative and well written from what I have read so far. The author has given me some useful tips that I can employ myself in my own business strategy, albeit my business being in a different industry to his the tips and advice still cross over and will help me to succeed.

Dante848

Thanks for the share, marketing with no money is obviously the most challenging way but also the most rewarding (100% profit, duh!), something I don't like is selling to friends and family. It can be really awkward and there aren't a whole lot of things when it comes to website building, SEO, and everything in this realm of doing things that can be marketed to your parents, brothers and sisters or friends. Unless you're launching an actual product either tangible or not, that is common enough for people to use, it usually isn't relevant (at least in my experience). And like I said, you don't want to be that guy at parties or family gatherings.

Is nothing really outstanding to advertise without investing a single penny with a wide network of contacts already established. But for a nobody like me is certainly a struggle that will take more time to gain notoriety compared to paying PR distribution services, Google Advertising etc.

sorrow09

I don't believe in advertising without cost. It's an investment in different form, and we don't invest without money. The tips are still useful, but there is a limit to how much we can depend on friends and network of known people. We need to reach out to a bigger audience, the target of our projects, to decide when to stop or keep pushing.

You can really market a domain without spending a cent. Once you have your site set up, you can use social media to promote it. I like to use Facebook. It's so easy to post something on Facebook. Find some interesting pictures to enliven your posts. When your friends on Facebook share your post, it will be seen by friends of your friends.

Kaitlin

Banned
Well, I'd say good luck to anyone who plans to market anything whether it's a book or a website without spending any money. I tried that and I worked my behind off for the better part of a year without seeing results. Now I pay for advertising and I'm making a full time income from my business.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan KickStart Commerce Podcast: John D. Saunders talks about qualifying, buying, and developing domain names from a digital marketing perspective Resources 0
Prashant Sharan KickStart Commerce Podcast: Domain investing, developing, and “affiliate arbitraging” domains with Ed Keay-Smith Resources 0
JulienJ How to Become a ‘Rockstar Domainer’ by Developing Your Own Domain Assets Development Options 0
domain investor Expatriate.life Domain - Ideal for Developing as Website External Auctions 1
J Easiest way of developing a domain Development Options 23
J Parking a Domain or Developing a Site? Parking 4
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton's tips on developing your domains Resources 0
Prashant Sharan John Colascione in Charge of Developing "NorthDakota.com" Devoted to the State Non-Indian Domains 0
JulienJ Cisco Developing Confidential Communications Via Blockchain In Patent Filing Cryptocurrencies 0
Britney Developing multiple websites The Lounge 8
W Lead Generation Developing Markets The Lounge 0
CyberKing Best News For Domainers Ever? Amazon Developing Product To Compete With Google Adword Webmaster Forum 1
D Risks of investing in domains, developing websites in India General Indian Domain Name Discussion 29
Will Anyone fancy developing "developing.co.in" General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
A Suggestion on developing indianjewelry site? Indian Websites and Start-ups 9
DNJournal.com Great Scot! How Tommy Butler Went From Gutting Chickens to Developing Glasgow.com The Lounge 2
F Making Money Off of Developing Countries The Lounge 0
T Developing.co.in Domain Appraisals 2
Grigio Developing India-News.in Indian Websites and Start-ups 8
Grigio Developing Vodka.in Development Options 10
radiant_luv Developing website Development Options 5
D Parking or developing? Parking 3
ekal Developing Domains - Seeking Collaboration Development Options 5
Prashant Sharan How to forward your domain names properly Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver really likes domain tools Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Here is the list of Black Friday domain deals Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver on his domain acquisition experience now a days Resources 0
Prashant Sharan The right way of selling a domain name via a payment plan Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: Checking out Notion to organize inbound domain offers Resources 0
Gaurav GoldenCBD.com, OQEL.com & more - Premium Domain Names External Auctions 0
Prashant Sharan There are some China registry .CN domain name scam running. Watch Out!!! Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Tool generates trending domain registration ideas Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Will the Crypto Domain prices follow the BTC price boom? Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Last Week's end user domain sales Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan John Mueller, Google’s Webmaster Trend Analyst, weighs in on expired domain backlinks Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Last week's end user domain sales Resources 0
Prashant Sharan DNW Podcast: Adam Strong discusses the state of the domain name aftermarket. Resources 0
DNJournal.com There is a New King of the 2020 Domain Sales Hill With A $900,000 Deal Soaring to the Summit The Lounge 0
Prashant Sharan Should I wait for a domain name to expire or buy right away ? Resources 0
Prashant Sharan A sneak peak into GoDaddy’s full domain & privacy protection Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Escrow.com Q3 Report : Domain aftermarket sees a rebound Registrars 0
T Mitsu saga - Registry.in loose my domain names Legal Issues and Dispute 2
T Domain outreach service for names over $1k For Sale / Advertising 0
Prashant Sharan Nice Read : Elliot Silver talks about a Key Metric for domain name valuation Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Radix Converge 2020: Rewards Attendees With Expert Insight Into entrepreneurialism, Domain Industry Success Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Escrow.com saw a bounce back in domain name transactions in Q3 2020 Registrars 0
DaaZ.com LDF.in and FBR.in domain names in Auction @ DaaZ.com For Sale 0
Gaurav CreditGrowth.com - Premium Credit Domain Name | No Reserve Auction | EC Pick External Auctions 1
T What is EPP Code? Tips To Improve Your Domain Security Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Domain.com, BigRock and BuyDomains owner plans to go private Registrars 0