Despite low internet use, India's e-commerce market triples in five years

IT.com

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
Although India's use of the internet is lower than many poorer countries, the country's e-commerce sector tripled - or grew by 209 percent over the last five years - from $4.4 billion (Rs.20,020 crore) in 2010 to $13.6 billion (Rs.83,096 crore) in 2014.

This data was contained in a reply given to the Lok Sabha in March 2016.

India's e-commerce market is likely to reach $38 billion (Rs.252,700 crore) in 2016, according to an Associated Chambers of Commerce & Industry of India ( Assocham) report released in January 2016.

The online retail sector in India is expected to be a $1 trillion (Rs.660,000 crore) market by 2020, according to a recent report by the Confederation of Indian Industry ( CII ) and Deloitte , a consultancy. The study indicates that more e-commerce will trigger big innovations in India.

Source

So the same amount of people are doing roughly 3 times as much. That's what I took out of those numbers. I guess this is how a trend grows? Established users doing more so the people and businesses that do not participate in e-commerce yet can see that it's a viable option?

The country's e-commerce sector tripled, despite that India's use of the internet is lower than many poorer countries. That translates into a great deal of ecommerce demand among the current Indian internet users. And is quite logical if you think about it, given smartphone and related electronic devices market is growing steadily there.

The ones who have access to internet have more steady situation to nurture the e-commerce field. It also signals the good growth of this one group; people learn to use technology better to fulfill various needs. It would be great if more people can use this technology.

Then their government realizes that nothing but more economic growth can come of this. Good for them. I think we're just starting to see the beginning of the explosion here.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom