Defamatory post on Inforum.in

IT.com

dnk

Country flag
We have been the subject of a sustained slander campaign based entirely on lies. One of the first defamatory posts was made on inforum.in by a member allinall2007 http://www.inforum.in/members/allinall2007.html in 2009, who signed up only to make the false allegations. Though the moderator deleted his post as it was without any proof, she did not provide his email address citing privacy reasons. Since these lies are adversely affecting our lives, please let us know the exact procedure for finding out his email, IP address , motivation so that we can initiate suitable legal action.

I have no clue what defamation you are talking about or why you have waited two years to mention this. In any event, your request should probably have been via PM, not as an open post. As for revealing members' contact information, we will only do so when compelled to by an order of a court of competent jurisdiction.

We had got the post removed 2 years ago as you will find below. However, the moderator was not willing to reveal any more details of the fraud party citing privacy reasons. (PM enclosed below). Since this gang of criminals is now instigating others to make false allegations, we wish to trace the individuals / companies involved so that we can initiate suitable action. Hence we would like to get the email id, IP address, so that we can initiate suitable action. We have preserved a screenshot of the post and we can also forward the PM to you. [FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
Ceres said:
Dear N**,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

I will contact the poster to ask them to provide evidence to support their alleged claim. In the meantime, I have temporarily deleted the post in question. I confirm that if I do not hear back from the poster within 7 days, the post will be permanently deleted.

Due to privacy rules, INForum cannot release the poster's personal information to you. However, if you take legal action against the poster, I confirm we will comply with our legal obligations to release such information.

I trust the above is acceptable to you. If you have any further concerns, please let me know.

I will keep you updated with regard to any response I receive from the poster.

(aka Ceres)
[FONT=&quot]INForum Moderator[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
We are still waiting for the moderator to release the email id and IP address of allinall2007 (http://www.inforum.in/members/allinall2007.html), so that suitable legal action can be taken. Please send the details by PM if you are so keen to protect the privacy of a person, who made the defamatory statement just to ruin our reputation.
If you have a valid reason for protecting allinall2007 details, kindly post it publicly.
This is the last time, we are making the request on this forum.
Kindly co-operate or we will have to look at other options.

A court in Ontario?

Please have in mind, the administrator cannot reveal any personal details to anyone even if he liked to. In most countries, and I believe Canada is one of them, there are strict regulations about keeping the users privacy secure. One cannot publicize, trade or reveal any private information unless it's revealed to legal authorities by their request.

If you feel defamed by someone on this forum, you need to sue that person and not the forum owner who is obliged by law not to pass you any personal information. And if Police finds your claims valid, they will start a case and contact the INForum owner for that information.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom