Customer Opinion Needed

IT.com
NOTE : This is just a plan which requires your opinion ? This plan will be implemented only after your feedback.

We at Mitsu planning to keep the expired domain delete period from current 30 days to 15 days ?

Which means that for example any domain name expired on 1st Jan., 2012 can be renewed at regular price upto 15th Jan., 2012 (at current level this is 30th Jan) and from 16th Jan.,2012 (at current level this is 31st Jan.) will show Pending Delete Restoreable status.

Mitsu registered domain delete cycle will be in total become 51 days (instead of 66 days) from the date of expiry.

Why we planning :

1. Now Mitsu (including all group registrar) is No.2 .IN registrar and huge amount of domains registrations and expiry happens every month, For every .IN or .CO.IN domain we register in promo period we require to pay .IN Registry almost three times of what we charge to you, .IN registry gives us credit (if our monthly targets are achieved) after 45 days.

In case of domain expiry .IN registry charges us renewal charges as soon as domain name expires (Auto Renew Period) and if client donot renew the domain name then we send delete command to registry after 30 days and claim back the money taken by registry for auto renewal.

Above two reasons require us to keep very large amount of fund with .IN registry. As we are already offering domains at lowest possible price and with this 30 days and 45 days in promo registration fund stuck our working capital requirement goes well above 10 million INR with .IN registry.

2. Our delete cycle become short by 15 days so if our clients who want to re-register their dropped domains they can do it comparatively early.

Now we require your feedback on that after receiving your feedback we will decide what to do ? We at Mitsu believe in transparency so before implementing any changes which effects customers we sought your opinion.

Sounds like it's a good move from a business point of view for Mitsu.

As long as it's well publicised to clients and plenty of notice is given, I think that's fine to do.

Tying up that amount of capital with the Registry will end up hurting customers as you'll be forced to raise your fees.

PS - congrats on reaching #2!

If you ask me, I don't mind changing it to make your finances easier.

But I see the problem lies rather in the Registry and their advanced charging system. Something to think about in the future.

If I understood correctly, it will be still 35 days since the expiry until domain release and that 66 days includes your clearing with IN Registry?

Agree with Kokoro about the problem being with the Registry. Perhaps Registrars should approach the Registry and see if capital requirements can be changed.

I have a few domains with you Mitsu. Still, I am fine with it.

Looking at it in an impartial way, if someone is forgetful in renewing a domain, a remainder email would help and 51 days is more than sufficient to get domain renewed.

Now if the person is not intending to renew then it hardly makes a difference if it is 66 days or 51 days.

Just my .o2

Also, are you offering drop services or would that be a conflict of interest? :D

Thanks for response , we still have few more days to decide about this.

We are very much in touch of IN Registry about this system but policy changes takes a lot of time in India and very difficult to convince the bureaucrats.

We are tested our drop scripts and working well with 100% success rate, but we have yet to start it we will inform all.

i would think that without information that would be unfair, at least 6 months, all should be aware , i dont want to spend on reactivation if rule is implemented from next month and i am used to renewing on days 25-30!

one (all) should be aware of it , 6 months is fair imo,for change to be implemented,with publicity in homepage of proposed change,

NOTE : This is just a plan which requires your opinion ? This plan will be implemented only after your feedback.

We at Mitsu planning to keep the expired domain delete period from current 30 days to 15 days ?

Which means that for example any domain name expired on 1st Jan., 2012 can be renewed at regular price upto 15th Jan., 2012 (at current level this is 30th Jan) and from 16th Jan.,2012 (at current level this is 31st Jan.) will show Pending Delete Restoreable status.

Mitsu registered domain delete cycle will be in total become 51 days (instead of 66 days) from the date of expiry.

Why we planning :

1. Now Mitsu (including all group registrar) is No.2 .IN registrar and huge amount of domains registrations and expiry happens every month, For every .IN or .CO.IN domain we register in promo period we require to pay .IN Registry almost three times of what we charge to you, .IN registry gives us credit (if our monthly targets are achieved) after 45 days.

In case of domain expiry .IN registry charges us renewal charges as soon as domain name expires (Auto Renew Period) and if client donot renew the domain name then we send delete command to registry after 30 days and claim back the money taken by registry for auto renewal.

Above two reasons require us to keep very large amount of fund with .IN registry. As we are already offering domains at lowest possible price and with this 30 days and 45 days in promo registration fund stuck our working capital requirement goes well above 10 million INR with .IN registry.

2. Our delete cycle become short by 15 days so if our clients who want to re-register their dropped domains they can do it comparatively early.

Now we require your feedback on that after receiving your feedback we will decide what to do ? We at Mitsu believe in transparency so before implementing any changes which effects customers we sought your opinion.

6 Months Notice is fairly very large amount of time to notify as lot of customer will forget, In our opinion 30 days notice is sufficient enough.

Thanks for response , we still have few more days to decide about this.

We are very much in touch of IN Registry about this system but policy changes takes a lot of time in India and very difficult to convince the bureaucrats.

We are tested our drop scripts and working well with 100% success rate, but we have yet to start it we will inform all.

Thanks Mitsu. Looking forward to your drop services.

Thanks for notifying and if you give a choice to me , I will say 30 days notice period to renew is better at the same time the renewal costs shouldn't be increased.

Knowing the huge capital amount of Mitsu with registry , its fair to agree to your proposal. I am ok in reducing the period to 15 days.

It's ok with me. 15 days is ok.
But I won't let me to go on such situation.
I would renew before 1 month of expire date.

how about an increase in working capital limits. cheers.

Powler ? Are you investing one million in our company ? then we are ready...

Otherwise increasing working capital means increasing price and that's why we ask for opinion ?

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone want to hold a domain, he don`t wait 29 days and renew it on the last second.Ok, i did it it, because sometimes i´m a little forgetful :)

If you can keep the prices low with the 15 days period, i support this step.

No still we are thinking about it, May be we are not increase the price and keep it for 30 days, rest assured we will inform if any changes comes.

Due to support from large no. of .IN registrant we are able to keep this.

If someone want to hold a domain, he don`t wait 29 days and renew it on the last second.Ok, i did it it, because sometimes i´m a little forgetful :)

If you can keep the prices low with the 15 days period, i support this step.

i dont want to buy u out by investing One million. U r in a services business and if u want to grow u have to look at ur funding aspects, u cannot piggyback on ur existing customers let alone getting new ones. all the best

cheers.

Thanks for your sincere and much needed advice....

i dont want to buy u out by investing One million. U r in a services business and if u want to grow u have to look at ur funding aspects, u cannot piggyback on ur existing customers let alone getting new ones. all the best

cheers.

15 days period is ok, with 3 email reminders at 2 month, 1 month, 15 days prior to expiry date. And if you(Mitsu) could keep prices more competitive than all the competition, that would be icing on the cake.. :)

We decided for now we are not going to delete expired .IN domain name before 30 days, Things remain unchanged for now. We arranged additional funds so no need to do this.

Thanks for all your feedback and support.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom