Crypto.com Sold

IT.com

owl

It appears that a company called Moncao which was using the domain Mona.co recently bought Crypto.com. It is unclear how much money the domain name was purchased for. However Matt Blaze, a computer science professor, originally claimed he would never sell the domain. He was strongly vocal that cryptocurrency and ICOs are scams and didn't want to see the domain used for that purpose.

Even after the sale his personal site still reads;

This site does not trade in or provide services related to cryptocurrencies. It is concerned with cryptography, computer and network security, and technology policy research.

Warning: Many cryptocurrencies are scams, and I strongly advise against their use as investment vehicles.

http://www.mattblaze.org/

I guess he got an offer he couldn't refuse for Crypto.com. It's reported that he was offered $10 million and turned that down.

So... how much do you think Blaze sold Crypto.com for? Was it an equity, cash, and lease deal? What do you think convinced him to sell?

You may have noticed that this blog, and my domain, is now at www.mattblaze.org. Twenty five years ago, back in 1993, I registered the name crypto.com, which I've used as my personal domain as well as to host a variety of cryptography technology and policy resources.

Over the last few years, I've gotten an increasing barrage of offers, many of which were obviously non-serious, but a few of which were, frankly, attention-getting, for the crypto.com domain. I shrugged most of them off, but it became increasingly clear that holding on to the domain was making less and less sense for me. I quietly entered discussion with a few serious potential buyers earlier this year.

Last month, I reached an agreement to sell the domain. I have no idea what the new owner plans to use it for beyond what I read in the trade press, and I have no financial stake in their business. The details will have to stay confidential, but I will say that I'm satisfied with the outcome and that it involved neither tulips nor international postal reply coupons.

It's been, I think, a pretty good run, as these things go. See you on the Internets.

http://www.mattblaze.org/blog/newaddress

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom