Credit card issues while adding the funds to Mitsu?

IT.com
I've had issues trying to use a creditcard with mitsu over the years, in fact i've never been able to use my creditcard with them. I get the error:
[h=3]CCAvenue Transaction Error Page[/h]
When I queried this I was told to pay for 6-7 domains at a time which 1. didn't work anyway but 2. when you want to renew 60 domains thats not very useful.

I don't know whether the issue just applies to cards issued from outside India but from memory using my creditcard required a code from the bank issuing my visa - its really inconvenient, Mitsu have always been good at providing alternatives but paying by creditcard is kind of basic functionality and its an issue that would be useful for Mitsu to sort out, a work around of paying by Google checkout or Paypal just costs me more.

Mitsu, please sort it out so we can easily use our creditcards without needing to go to our banks for some mysterious code they have never heard of.

Since last two years Indian Apex Bank Reserve Bank of India made it mandatory for all Credit Card gateway to accept online payment only after third level of authentication and infact this is in the interest of the card holders, Even Visa and Master Card recommends this, In third level of authentication it requires a password and if somebody stolen your card data then nobody can guess your password.

Lot of website get hand on credit card data and they simply charge the card online but when you have third level of authentication no one can use your card.You get an extra layer of security when you shop online.

For this please see this link :

https://usa.visa.com/personal/security/vbv/index.jsp

Support Securecode FAQs | MasterCard®

I've had issues trying to use a creditcard with mitsu over the years, in fact i've never been able to use my creditcard with them. I get the error:
CCAvenue Transaction Error Page

When I queried this I was told to pay for 6-7 domains at a time which 1. didn't work anyway but 2. when you want to renew 60 domains thats not very useful.

I don't know whether the issue just applies to cards issued from outside India but from memory using my creditcard required a code from the bank issuing my visa - its really inconvenient, Mitsu have always been good at providing alternatives but paying by creditcard is kind of basic functionality and its an issue that would be useful for Mitsu to sort out, a work around of paying by Google checkout or Paypal just costs me more.

Mitsu, please sort it out so we can easily use our creditcards without needing to go to our banks for some mysterious code they have never heard of.

We are using credit card for payment at Mitsu regularly. So that is not an issue. But the issue is should this forum be used by Mitsu customers to settle/solve their issue/ trouble ?

Since last two years Indian Apex Bank Reserve Bank of India made it mandatory for all Credit Card gateway to accept online payment only after third level of authentication and infact this is in the interest of the card holders, Even Visa and Master Card recommends this, In third level of authentication it requires a password and if somebody stolen your card data then nobody can guess your password.

Lot of website get hand on credit card data and they simply charge the card online but when you have third level of authentication no one can use your card.You get an extra layer of security when you shop online.

I have not come across this restriction using my credit card anywhere else online (and I use mine a lot) and lots of countires/websites manage the whole creditcard transaction process securely and without needing to first go to my bank to get a third level authentication code they've never heard of maybe because its only ever requested in India/the US. Yes I did contact my bank and they couldn't help with this code. If this is a mandatory requirement of the Indian Reserve Bank then there's not a lot Mitsu can do about it.

By the way I realise you have information about this requirement in your FAQs but when i'm purchasing something via a shopping cart I do not read or expect to need to read the FAQs first so maybe this requirement needs to be communicated more obviously at checkout - I guess it depends on how big an issue this is for your customers, I found it very inconvenient to have to abandon my checkout and contact support for ask what the issue was. I always find Mitsu helpful and flexible with payment alternatives but they usually cost me more (not Mitsus fault paypal/google checkout charges).

We have mentioned the same at the bottom of Payment option page with link.Payment Option at Mitsu Because of the third level authentication our CC Chargeback % is came down to ZERO ? Now we are planning to have USA based gateway for USD payment very soon.
I have not come across this restriction using my credit card anywhere else online (and I use mine a lot) and lots of countires/websites manage the whole creditcard transaction process securely and without needing to first go to my bank to get a third level authentication code they've never heard of maybe because its only ever requested in India/the US. Yes I did contact my bank and they couldn't help with this code. If this is a mandatory requirement of the Indian Reserve Bank then there's not a lot Mitsu can do about it. By the way I realise you have information about this requirement in your FAQs but when i'm purchasing something via a shopping cart I do not read or expect to need to read the FAQs first so maybe this requirement needs to be communicated more obviously at checkout - I guess it depends on how big an issue this is for your customers, I found it very inconvenient to have to abandon my checkout and contact support for ask what the issue was. I always find Mitsu helpful and flexible with payment alternatives but they usually cost me more (not Mitsus fault paypal/google checkout charges).

Last edited by a moderator:
We have mentioned the same at the bottom of Payment option page with link.Payment Option at Mitsu

Honestly, if I come to checkout and want to pay, I see credit card and click on that -I don't read that whole page to see something at the bottom, I just want to pay.

Do you really think i'm going to say to myself that I need to read through ALL the other text on that page to see the text at the bottom?:

For Details on VISA VERIFIED and MASTER CARD SECURE CODE click on the link.

Even if I did look at the bottom of the page (and why would I), do you think i'm going to make the connection between me paying by creditcard and that card needing to be "Visa verified"? No I am not.

Just because there is a link at the bottom of your payment page called Visa verified it doesn't mean its obvious to people that this is a service anyone wishing to use a creditcard to purchase from you must first be verified by.

Now we are planning to have USA based gateway for USD payment very soon.
Good news, thats what I like about Mitsu, you're always improving your offerings. Will credit cards need to be Visa verified to use this?

Thanks

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
angemon
Top Bottom