Content Generation and Monetization

IT.com

JDoe

Re: SSC.in, IIT.in, GGU.in and other traffic Indian names

Hi Steve, Sorry for posting out of context but would appreciate if you could kindly provide some pointers to freelancers or other resources who can help generate the kind of content seen on iit.in and also some pointers on how to monetize the sites. Thank you.

Just breaking this off the old thread and moving it to this forum, as it is a question that merits a thread of its own.

I agree with you - Steve does a great job with this and hopefully he can answer this in more detail.

I think it's especially important to do this sort of thing for Indian domains, as domain parking does not pay much (and has its legal risks).

This is what Steve has told me in the past about getting content for his sites:

I go to Scriptlance to get it all done. The great thing is that the writers are Indian so the article-writing tasks are right up their street. I send them a couple of back and forth messages about the project to get a feel for their English, test them with 5 to 10 articles and then give them a lot more if they're good.

The ads that Steve is using are Google Adsense. You can set up an account here:
https://www.google.com/adsense/logi..._IN-et-ads&medium=link&gsessionid=1-vNzhuNgDY

It's pretty easy to use - you set up the ad format you want, they give you the code for it, and you paste it on your site.

I think that Steve could likely place the adsense more aggressively on his sites, which would likely increase the earning. On the other hand, that wouldn't be the best user experience, so I think in the long term, that might be detrimental to do.

I think that Steve could likely place the adsense more aggressively on his sites, which would likely increase the earning. On the other hand, that wouldn't be the best user experience, so I think in the long term, that might be detrimental to do.

True. If sites are built on good domains they also get incoming links if the ads aren't too aggressive.

I use Joomla to build the sites and Scriptlance / Elance / Digitalpoint to find the writers. You can easily tell the quality of the writers just by asking a couple of questions about the project.

Steve, are you developing that domain for IIT, or for that case Indian Government? Because IITs are the Govt. of India undertakings and surely they would have legal control over domain in case of a dispute.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom