Contact details

IT.com

dibon

What have you to say about having your contact details like phone number, email address and physical address easily accessible on the website? I believe this makes a business owner credible and trustworthy and may lead to more sales. It is understandable for business start-ups to be coy about this but selling regulations require addresses to be available.

Last edited:
It is actually paramount that the contact details are easily accessible because this determines whether or not a company is deemed reputable. There are many websites that don't make this information readily available, to their own disadvantage(s).

It is actually paramount that the contact details are easily accessible because this determines whether or not a company is deemed reputable. There are many websites that don't make this information readily available, to their own disadvantage(s).
Absolute agree with @tulip Personally I like to see more than just an email address also. If you need to get someone's attention, you are not likely to do that by sending an email. Too easy to ignore or take 3 days to response. If you need to talk with someone about a problem, you need to do it now especially if it is costing you revenue. I want to be able to call support. I have also determined lately that if you are thinking of using any type of service on the internet, you may want to call support first before signing on with them. One company that I was interested in buying their product (webhosting) I called on three different days and had to leave messages because "No one is available to take your call". Unfortunately, no one was available to return my call either so I passed and went to another provider.

Absolute agree with @tulip Personally I like to see more than just an email address also. If you need to get someone's attention, you are not likely to do that by sending an email. Too easy to ignore or take 3 days to response. If you need to talk with someone about a problem, you need to do it now especially if it is costing you revenue. I want to be able to call support. I have also determined lately that if you are thinking of using any type of service on the internet, you may want to call support first before signing on with them. One company that I was interested in buying their product (webhosting) I called on three different days and had to leave messages because "No one is available to take your call". Unfortunately, no one was available to return my call either so I passed and went to another provider.
Absolutely @JackD. I have encountered such experiences. That or contacting the switchboard and not getting any assistance is equally frustrating. Businesses that have realized the efficiency call support offers can attest that it directly translates to more sales.

If you feel uncomfortable leaving your phone number, you can always use a Google Voice number instead. It's free to sign up and you can forward calls to your cell phone or landline if you like. This should help your customer feel important without worrying about robo callers.

If you're willing to part with a little money you can use the burner app for numbers, voicemail, and text. You can make your numbers disposable too, so if you close one business or webpage it won't be a problem. I've used it in the past and think it's handy.

I don't mind when a website asks for my contact information most of the time. However, if it's a day that I don't feel like entering in all that information then I might leave the site.

Kimla, I think the OP is talking about having his contact information displayed on the website as the business owner. Some people don't feel comfortable sharing that information on the world wide web, but there are ways too maintain good business standards while not putting your number out there for every telemarketer and spammer to pick up.

Kimla, I think the OP is talking about having his contact information displayed on the website as the business owner. Some people don't feel comfortable sharing that information on the world wide web, but there are ways too maintain good business standards while not putting your number out there for every telemarketer and spammer to pick up.
I don't share much information online when asked to do so and if I must, then an email address suffices. Having said this, having a robust call support is important and a business/website has to build a reputation of quickly responding to calls.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom